a store with that domain name already exists URGENT

Highlighted
8 0 0
Hi,
I also have the same problem, if i try to use my existing domain : greentheory.in it says error
"a store with that name already exists"
Thank youScreenshot 2020-06-22 at 2.34.33 PM.png
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 85 161

Hey, @greentheory!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble using your domain, this would usually happen if this domain was connected to another Shopify store. Did you have this domain connected to an old store of yours in the past? I will need you to show ownership of that domain so I can look into removing it from any stores for you. Can you please send a screenshot of the interface/control panel of your third party domain provider and it must show the domain name and the name of the account owner logged in. Something like this would suffice: 

20-52-nilnz-s5xhg

Please pass that on here once you get it and if you remember the name of your older store with this domain connected, that would be super helpful too.

Thank you! 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I was having the same problem as well with my recent domain purchase.Lazablue....What should i do???

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hey Lulu, Thank you for the reply. Yes we had made an old store greentheory-1.myshopify.com. But we have closed that store and moving it to a new store. We own the domain. Here is the screenshot proving the same. 

Screenshot 2020-06-23 at 4.24.19 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Can you please do the needful.

Thank You

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0
Yes it was connected to my old account. can you please remove it from
there. Because i have already connected my domain to the new shopify
account. www.greentheory.in but when people type just "greentheory.in" so i
am facing a lot of issue please solve it asap.
0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

The issue has still not been solved. I need to urgently. please help. 

0 Likes