abandonded checkout mail problem

Tourist
4 0 1

Hey Community,

in the last days several potential customers replied to my abandoned checkout mail and pointed out, that the link didnt work. So I checked my self and noticed the button in the mail pointed to "https" missing any domain. Do you know a way I could fix this?

Best regards 

Arvid 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
769 75 150

Hey there, @fitandfeminin 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a really great question. From what I can gather the issue is probably coming from the HTML formatting of your Abandoned Checkout email. If you could go to Settings > Notifications > Abandoned Checkout. You will then press Command + F (or Ctrl + F on Windows) and search for "class="button__cell". This will bring you to the part of the code that may be affected. The line should read: 

<td class="button__cell"><a href="{{ url }}" class="button__text">Items in your cart</a></td>

It sounds like yours may have an issue with the URL part. I would recommend replacing your line with that line and whatever wording you would prefer at the end. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes