cannot upload photos to a new product, just keep getting server error!!!

knightyokohama
Tourist
26 0 1

Hi dears,

I know that some people have solved their problem abut this topic, but since last week, I live in Japan, I have not been able to upload anymore any picture using an Urls. I can add photo only if I add from my pc, and this makes me waste al lot of time.

I have checked and the pic is a real jpg extension. 

Regards

Donatello

Replies 7 (7)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @knightyokohama

This is Rae from Shopify. I'm happy to help out with this! 

In some cases, errors like this can become cached on your device, which allows them to re-appear. To determine if this is what's happening on your end, I recommend clearing your browser cache, or using Chrome Incognito mode to see if the same error continues to show up. It's also important to make sure that you're using a supported browser when accessing your Shopify admin from any device. 

With that in mind, which device are you currently using when you try to upload images from a URL? Have you tried using a mobile device, or a different desktop computer, to see if the same issue occurs? Trying this out from the Shopify mobile app can also be helpful. 

If the above steps don't resolve things, then it's possible the URL you're using to attach the image no longer exists. To test this out, just download the image to your computer, and then upload it to the 'Settings > Files' section of your Shopify admin. Once the image is added here, it will generate a URL which you can then use to upload the image to your product by following these steps

Keep me posted on how this troubleshooting goes. If you're still seeing an error after completing the above steps, please reply back to me here with a screenshot of the specific message you're seeing so I can take a closer look into this. 

Thanks! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

knightyokohama
Tourist
26 0 1
I have tried all you suggested me to do and still it does not work. Have decided to email privately because there is a part of a third person email. For Privacy.

I want to be more accurate.

I have all pictures in my server, it is a Mac mini and the URLs are going to placed in a field in FILEMAKER app purchased from DATABUZZ. It is a great app to synchronize FM and Shopify.

You push the update button and all info are going to be uploaded or upgraded to Shopify.

Till last week I did not have any issue about. It was perfect.
First I have asked them support, because maybe the JSON script was wrong. They made several tests.

This is the answer I got back from them:

"

1. Product Image – this is a strange one. I tried using the following URLs:

https://etlivin.co.jp/Resources/Bottle/chionetti_barolo_parussi
https://etlivin.co.jp/Resources/Bottle/chionetti_barolo_parussi.png

and confirmed that both were included in the JSON that was being sent to Shopify but looking at the JSON they returned there were no images and the images array was empty, e.g.:

"images" : [],

I downloaded this file and uploaded it to one of my servers here:

https://web01.databuzz.com.au/sample_images/chionetti_barolo_parussi.png

and tried this on my version of fmEcommerce Link (Shopify Edition) and it uploaded successfully!

I then logged onto my Shopify test store and tried adding your image URL via the admin screen here using the Add media from URL option and got an error: (SAME ERRO I GET IF I WANT TO DO THE SAME STEP)

which doesn't explain why but at least we now know that Shopify are having an issue downloading this image from your server for some reason. You will need to contact Shopify directly at this point to find out why you can't add images from your server and what the error here is etc.
"
Thank you so much for your support.

Best Regards

Donatello

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @knightyokohama

Thanks for getting back to me with all these details. 

To clarify, when you say you decided to email privately, are you referring to emailing our Support team about this? If so, did you do this via our Help Center?

Filemaker is a third party app, so speaking with their support team about any troubles you experience is a great first step. Can you tell me a bit more about why you're using this app?

If you're using it to store image URLs, you'll need to make sure that the URLs are publicly accessible, and not stored on a private server, as this may be causing the issue you're having. If this is the case, downloading these files and adding them into the 'Settings > Files' section of your Shopify admin might help resolve this. Did you have a chance to try the steps I shared previously on this? Check these out here: 

To test this out, just download the image to your computer, and then upload it to the 'Settings > Files' section of your Shopify admin. Once the image is added here, it will generate a URL which you can then use to upload the image to your product by following these steps

Let me know how this goes!

knightyokohama
Tourist
26 0 1

Hi Rae,

thank you.

Point 1. I misinterpreted the meaning of Reply. I thought that clicking on it it would be a private message to you, but actually it posts the message. Sorry for that. I did because I embed part of private email from me and Databuzz.

point 2. As a company, we use FM as management software. I use Shopify to create buttons. The context of the buttons created by SHOPIFY it is stored in a field of FM as well as most of all information of my online store, and with a script everything is shown online.

point 3. DATABUZZ app. IT is a solution the synchronize FM and SHOPIFY, maybe the only app in the world that does this. To upload info stored in FM the company Databuzz created several Json scripts.

point 4. Form10 days all images or URLs stored in a field, when I tired to upload to SHOPIFY, have returned empty.

So I asked support to DATABUZZ, They made several tests to understand if ti is a problem of their solution.

if they store the images into its server and then upload to SHOPIFY everything works well. If the use my URLs the result is negative.

It seems that there is some conflict with my server and SHOPIFY. As I said before, this issues came out 10 days ago. Before everything was fine. In these days I have not made any change.

this is an image stored in my server:

https://www.etlivin.co.jp/resources/Bottle/visions_J.jpg

point 5. If now I store this URLS in FM and upload the results as said above is negative. No picture in SHOPIFY but also no picture or URLS anymore in my FM.

DATABUZZ they had the same problems to upload the image but if they store the image into their server and upload the URLs it works as well as if they add in SHOPIFY product URLs using the same image but stored in their server.

point 6. If I add this URLs in product "Add URLS" I get an error. I have taken two pics, so you can see in the attachment.

point 7. If I go to Setting and Files I can add images only if they are Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 7.54.08.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-16 at 7.54.22.pngon my PC but all my images are stored in a Web server that is a Mac mini Server that runs OSX High Sierra Server.

Please let me know if you need anything else to help me out with this issues that is making crazy and wasting a lot of my time to do manually.

Best Regards

Donatello Masellis

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @knightyokohama

I appreciate these extra details. 

It sounds like this is a very custom setup, and that your images are being hosted outside of Shopify. Due to this, I recommend speaking with Shopify Experts to determine why this isn't working. Shopify Experts are third party developers who are very knowledgable in creating custom integrations for our platform, so they're the best people to speak with about this. They may also be able to confirm if a setup like this will work on our platform, and what needs to be configured to get this working, if it's possible. 

You can learn more about the Experts who can handle these types of tasks, and contact them to discuss this further, via this link

Best of luck with this! 

knightyokohama
Tourist
26 0 1

Hello Rae, I have found the issue.

there is some issue between Godaddy SSL certificate and Shopify. If I upload pictures using http instead of https then everything works fine.

I have checked the certificate and frankly everything is fine. It would be interested to know in your log error what is the issue with Godaddy certificate.

Hoping to hear from you to solve this issue.

Best regards

Donatello

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @knightyokohama

Thanks for this update. 

When any image is added to Shopify from a URL, the server hosting the image determines if Shopify is able to take that image into our system. With this in mind, it's possible that the external site that hosts the images is blocking and allowing Shopify to take these images in, depending on various circumstances. This is completely controlled by the external site, and Shopify doesn't have a way to determine which circumstances allow, or disallow, the images to be taken in on our end. 

However, it sounds like you're able to add the images when using the 'http' version of the URL, so I recommend that you keep using this method to get your images added correctly. 

Let me know if you have any further questions about this!