cannot upload photos to a new product, just keep getting server error

Solved
Tourist
4 1 3

I am trying to add a new product to my shopify store and I notice that the "add photo" area looks different - no biggy, but it is not allowing me to upload any photos to the product.  I keep getting a red "server error" flash up at me and no pictures upload.  This has only just started happening today.

2 Likes
5 0 0

What red error message you are getting and what image format images your are uploading .

File requirements and types

Shopify accepts .jpg, .png, and .gif file types for images and all major video file types such as .mp4 and .mov. If you upload .svg image files, then they will be converted to .png. The best file type for product images, pages, and blog posts is .jpg. The best file type for logos, borders, and trims is .png.

You can't upload video files when you're on a trial membership.

Each file needs to be smaller than 20 MB to upload to Shopify.

0 Likes
Tourist
4 1 3
I am uploading the same size and format that I have been for nearly 2
years. I am not a newbie, this is a new problem for me. It gives simply
"server error". No error codes. I can work around the problem by uploading
a single photo at a time, but that is a total waste of my time.
0 Likes
5 0 0

While uploading multiple images for a single product it take one or two minutes . Or contact support for further assistance 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 2

It's not just Tara's problem. We haven't been able to upload images
for 3 days now and keep getting that non specific red box with Server Error.
We can't even upload single images.
The Variant area is also messed up.

All our procedures have not changed.
We have tried Firefox, rebooting router, clearing cookies and temp files to

no avail.
The only thing that's changed is Shopify's software.

1 Like
1 0 0

Hy.

I'm having exactly the same problem at www.mrzombie.pt, today i started to get the server error message when uploading product images.

any updates?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
189 13 21

@Mrzombie , @JHS  , @screenagers  , @Tara_Potter 

I have read the whole thread conversation. All of them facing the same issue with uploading the images into the product.

If you are from Italy then I want to tell you that is a technical issue and the Shopify team is already working on it to fix the issue. So please keep patience and check this link for updates. https://status.shopify.com/

If after that issue is not fixed then contact Shopify chat support using the below reference link.

For another country user, I suggest you contact Shopify chat support using the below link and tell them your issue with the help of a screenshot. So their technical expert will check and provide you solution within 72 hours.

Reference Link: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/chat

Thanks & Regards
Akshay Vaghasiya

Shopify Expert | E-commerce Consultant
Email: akshayvaghasiya84@gmail.com
 - Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me .
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 3

We've been having the same problem in South Africa since yesterday. We contacted Shopify support and they said they'll escalate it to the technical dept but it's more than 24 hrs since the problem started and no solution yet. Anybody got theirs to work yet? We're desperate to start uploading products for our deadline. 

3 Likes
Tourist
4 1 3

Exactly, and I am in Canada, not Italy.  Still no resolution to the problem

0 Likes
Tourist
18 0 2

Over 24 hours since emailing support and no response. This of itself is unusual as the turnaround is usually a few hours.
On a happy note ( although this may be temporary ) I was able to upload images at around midnight here ( Australia ).

The image box was still a big open box without the 'upload from url' link but all else worked well.

Shopify status page says "Some customers using the TIM internet service provider are also affected.".
Maybe that's us. Who knows ?

0 Likes