cart page: press enter on quantity box number, is updating number + going to the next page

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 1

Hi folks!
I'm using Debut theme, latest on, and when I make a change in the QTY box on the cart page, you have 2 options:
Click on a field OUTSIDE the number input , and that updates the price
Press enter on keyboard, to update and jump to the next Pay Now page, (mobile and desktop)

How can I cancel this jump to the next page when pressing enter? I need only to update price & STAY at the Cart page.
Thanks alot!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Update:

I removed the input Quantity box. This keeps problems away at least for now.

The problems related with auto update are: pressing ENTER  in the Quantity input field will go to PAY NOW immedialty. Imagine a customer on cart page changing quantity of the first product and presses ENTER as usual in forms, than suddenly "Credit card & address is asked...."

Another problem: My item.titels are truncated to 2 words in the cart page. When the input Quanityt box is updated, the titles are NOT Truncated. I couldn't find anywere in the code the line similar to items.title.

{{ item.product.title | strip_html | truncatewords: 2, "" }}      ----> This works on initial cart refresh page, but not after updating the Quantity.

SOLVED for now (Problem ignored is better)

If customer wants to add more, it is only possible on the product page.

0 Likes