clouding.live/theme.js is this a malware? I can't delete it!

Tourist
8 0 4
@rafaelf
I also noticed that {{ shop.metafields.theme.cdn_css }} is the cause, but
is it related to Ali Reviews? How do you check which app it relates to?
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

Yess, the issue is only {{ shop.metafields.theme.cdn_css }}. I thought it was with Ali Review, because it was just below the Ali Review line of code.

Use this google chrome extension to check where {{shop.metafields.theme.cdn_css}} is in your codes. This looks like malware.

1 Like
2 0 1

that code belongs to the same company that made that chrome extension you mentioned (BOLD)

0 Likes
2 0 1

this worked for me. it was in the theme.liquid file

@raffaelf wrote:

Yess, the issue is only {{ shop.metafields.theme.cdn_css }}. I thought it was with Ali Review, because it was just below the Ali Review line of code.

Use this google chrome extension to check where {{shop.metafields.theme.cdn_css}} is in your codes. This looks like malware.

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 3

Thanks for finding the code that made the problem!

I deleted {{shop.metafields.theme.cdn_css}} and now my store is back to normal speed :)

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

I deleted the {{shop.metafields.theme.cdn_css}} code but it came back. I uninstalled the "Shopify Theme Search by Bold" extension and deleted the code again, it may be that extension. I'm monitoring.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 4

I commented out that line of code and it hasn't come back yet. I've never installed "Shopify Theme Search by Bold" app before this issue started, so I don't think it's the cause.

{% comment %}
{{ shop.metafields.theme.cdn_css }}
{% endcomment %}

Also, I'm in contact with Shopify support and they said they are still looking into it yesterday. They know about this thread too and maybe they will respond here after they complete their investigation.

0 Likes
4 0 0

Usually this is due to some app that changed the orginal theme.js file or the theme code. Even if you remove an app, it can still be present in the theme code.
What I will do if I were you is instead of loading from cloudin.live I will instead create a blank theme.js asset and paste everything in the theme.js hosted in clouding.live to my local theme.js.

Best regards
Rofo,
Check out my speed optimization service

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 0

Did the code come back after you deleted it a second time?

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 4

Not an answer to your question, but it's been working fine after I commented out the code. 

0 Likes