contact form success note reverting to default

Highlighted
Trailblazer
169 1 28

I've edited the message that a customer receives after sending a message through my contact form, however the page seems to be reloading and reverting to the default message. I've looked all over and cannot find the source. 

In the language editor and on en.default.json it says, Thanks for contacting me! I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

But this is reverting to Thanks for contacting us. We'll get back to you as soon as possible. And the latter is what is shown when I inspect the page. 

https://leilacools.com/pages/contact?contact_posted=true

Thanks for any help!

Leila

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
158 21 24

Hey, @Smeelah

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. I’m happy to help you get to the bottom of this.

What Theme you are using? Have you made any changes or customizations to the code for your contact page?

I will keep an eye out for your reply.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Trailblazer
169 1 28

Hi Helen!

I'm using Minimal. 

I haven't made any changes to the form lately...except for adding Shop Protector:) And so there is a back up Contact form in my files but it seems to use the same terms as the original:)

Thanks,

Leila

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
158 21 24

Hi, @Smeelah.

Thanks for the reply!

I’d love to take a closer look at this for you, as well as consult with our Theme department to work towards a solution. Therefore, I am sending you an email so that we can proceed with the next steps. Please keep an eye out for that, and reply at your earliest convenience.

Thank you,

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes