conversion rate

WiseGuys
3 0 0

Hello, 

Is it possible to say that 1 Usd is equal to 1 Euro?

Thanks in advance

Nuno

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
577 57 113

Hey, @WiseGuys!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you are asking. Would you mind expanding on what you are looking for?

If you are referring to your store's analytics, then 1 USD would not be equal to 1 Euro.

I look forward to hearing back from you and making sure we are on the same page.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
926 108 160

Hi @WiseGuys

You can not do that, but can you clarify your problem so we can check and give you the best solution in this case?

Greetings! 

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!
0 Likes
WiseGuys
3 0 0

Hi Olivia,

thanks for replying.

We're currently developing a store for a client that uses the SixBit software (https://www.sixbitsoftware.com/), which has integration with Shopify, in order to manage orders, products, etc.

The software only supports USD currency, but our store is in EUR (as required by the customer). We would like to set up a manual exchange rate of 1 Euro = 1 USD. We know that this feature is available in Shopify Payments, which is not currently available in Portugal. Is there any other way to achieve this?

Best regards

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
577 57 113

Thanks for following up with that additional context, @WiseGuys.

I just want to make sure I don't misunderstand anything, so I'm hoping you can give me a little more insight on if the SixBit integration requires your store's transactions to occur in USD?

Please let me know, and I will definitely brainstorm more solutions based on that.

Warm regards,

0 Likes
WiseGuys
3 0 0

According to SixBit support, they don't support Euros in their software, only dollars and pounds. The question is that the client specifically asks that the store sells in Euros (because he will be shipping from Portugal).

What we need is a way of "forcing" a manual exchange rate of 1:1, meaning that when the client inputs a price of, let's say, 10 USD in SixBit, Shopify converts it to 10 Euros.

From our research, we know that only Shopify Payments support this feature, but unfortunately that's not an option, because it's not available in our country.

Is there any way we can figure something out to make this work?

Thanks

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
577 57 113

I appreciate your detailed reply, @WiseGuys.

I discussed this with my team to make sure we brainstorm all possible solutions for you, and perhaps the best recommendation would be to connect with a Shopify Expert for a custom app or integration with SixBit. Have you reached out to a developer directly regarding this as of yet?

Since this isn't a guaranteed solution, I invite community members and experts in our forums to share their thoughts and feedback on this custom solution. 

In the meantime, I will definitely submit feedback to our product development team on expanding Shopify Payments to further support Portugal.

Warm regards,

0 Likes