currency conversion

Ugarit-Verlag
5 0 0

Hello, I have a problem with the currency conversion. After I tried different currency converter apps, the standard currency in my webshop is always Indian rupies instead of EUR. I can change the currency code to EUR / €, but the prices are kept in Indian rupies. Is there someone who can help me? With best regards, Thomas

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1038 95 244

Hi, Thomas!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Currency apps are designed to display your product prices in your customers' local currency. Instead of simply swapping the currency symbol, the product price should also be changing to reflect the current exchange rate.

For example, if a customer is browsing your online store from India, a product for €20 shouldn't be showing as ₹20. Instead, it should be around ₹1771.98, based on the current exchange rate, If you aren't noticing the prices change, then there is likely an issue with the app settings and this is something you'll want to reach out to the app developers about.

However, if the issue is due to the fact that orders are still being processed in Indian rupees, then this is expected behaviour; currency apps simply change the way product prices appear on your online store. Transactions will always be processed in your store currency, which can be found in Settings > General.

If you'd like to switch your store currency to EUR, then you'll just need to contact Support directly and they can help change your store currency.

I hope this clears things up, but please let me know if I've misunderstood your question or if you require any further clarity. 

Looking forward to your response!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes