different availabilities

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, I run a store for my art works. Some of them are ready to be sold, some are sold , and some can be sold in the future, e.g. they are yet unfinished or given to people for a limited time. I can set my products to be available, of course. I can also set their quantity to 0, so they are 'sold out'. 

But is there a way to mark them as 'unavailable', 'currently unavailable' or 'offer a price'. So I need variants of availability, basically.

It would also be nice if customers could announce their interest for a certain product that is not yet available.

This is a rather unusual demand as far as online shops are concerned, I presume, but help is greatly appreciated - thank you!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
20 2 7

Hello,

You could try using "Pre-order" for your products. This will make your product "currently unavailable" but purchasable.

Here's a detailed instruction from Shopify: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/products/add-to-cart/allow-pre-orders

Hope this helps!

Like me if I'm Awesome :D
Accept as Solution if I solved your problem
Email: anthonykung@hailiga.org
Beaver from Oregon State University
0 Likes
2 0 0

thanks, but it's not quite what I want. It can't be so difficult to program different qualities of 'not available', I'll try to figure it out. If anyone has any more ideas, thank you!

0 Likes