domain name

Solved
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi
A few hours ago, I chose the domain name, but they told me that it was used, I chose another name, and I bought it, but I was surprised by two Bills for the first  one and second domain that I modified
Can I recover my money and keep only one domain?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
102 16 19

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @4woman 

Eunice here from the Shopify team. Thanks for your message!

It sounds like you accidentally purchased two domains, but only want to keep one of them. If this is the case, a refund would be dependable on where you purchased the domain from.

Purchasing a domain from Shopify

Domains are considered non-tangible, irrevocable digital goods that are not exchangeable or transferrable. Once a domain is purchased, it belongs to the buyer for the year ahead and cannot be refunded. This is outlined in the ‘Domain Registration Agreement’, which is presented at the time of domain purchase. I recommend checking this guide to ensure the domain you don't want to keep isn't set up to be automatically renewed. 

Purchasing a domain from a third-party

Third-party domain providers, such as Go Daddy, might have their own refund policy. I recommend checking directly with them.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to respond here.

Cheers!

Eunice | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello, I bought two domains from Shopify, one that I used in my Shopify store and the other I want to transfer to another store outside Shopify How can I transfer it correctly

0 Likes