Solved

domains

4woman
Tourist
16 0 0

Hello, I bought two domains from Shopify, one that I used in my Shopify store and the other I want to transfer to another store outside Shopify How can I transfer it correctly

Accepted Solution (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3389 459 976

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @4woman!

Great question! To transfer your domain away from Shopify, you'll need to navigate to Online Store/Domains and select the domain you wish to transfer. From there, you can select the "transfer domain" option that appears. All you'll need to do is follow the prompts to start the transfer process. You can also view these steps in more detail by following our help document here. It is important to note that all domains, whether purchased through Shopify or a third-party domain provider have a 60-day hold on newly purchased domains. What this means is if you purchased your domain within the last 60 days, then the domain can not be transferred and will require that you wait until the 60 days have passed before starting the transfer process. 

If you have any trouble with the transfer process, let me know!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3389 459 976

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @4woman!

Great question! To transfer your domain away from Shopify, you'll need to navigate to Online Store/Domains and select the domain you wish to transfer. From there, you can select the "transfer domain" option that appears. All you'll need to do is follow the prompts to start the transfer process. You can also view these steps in more detail by following our help document here. It is important to note that all domains, whether purchased through Shopify or a third-party domain provider have a 60-day hold on newly purchased domains. What this means is if you purchased your domain within the last 60 days, then the domain can not be transferred and will require that you wait until the 60 days have passed before starting the transfer process. 

If you have any trouble with the transfer process, let me know!

intheoryher
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Trevor, I am having the same issue. Can you kindly help with this matter? Thank you so much!

Trevor
Community Moderator
3389 459 976

@intheoryher 

My previous reply provided the steps needed to transfer your domain. Could you let me know what step you got stuck on?

intheoryher
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks for getting back to me, Trevor. My trial is up and I am unable to access any features in order to transfer my domain

Trevor
Community Moderator
3389 459 976

@intheoryher 

You will need to contact Shopify support in that case. You can do this by logging into your store through the help center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results.