Why does my cart duplicate item quantities?

RhondaBT
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi All,

I am having some major issues with my website  on and off for months now. 

When a customer adds an item to the cart, then goes to the cart page, the quantities are duplicating.

Eg - instead of ordering 1 item the cart is showing 2, When a customer tries to remove the extra item, it upsets the whole cart

I am using the Broadcast theme

Website is www.bridetribes.com.au

Any help would be greatful.

Replies 7 (7)

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15843 2371 3073

Hello ,
I have added some product  in cart on your site it works perfectly on cart page.

I can't found any issue?

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing
RhondaBT
Tourist
4 0 2

Thank you for your reply

When a customer tries to remove the extra item, it removes and adds extra items to/from other items they are trying to purchase

It does not happen all the time, but i get at least 5 emails a week, telling me the cart is not working correctly

euklid
Tourist
7 0 15

I have the same problem. Any solution to this?

ShopStore201
Excursionist
14 0 76

I'm having the same issue long term. No custom code, just paid shopify theme Prestige

Jason
Shopify Expert
11190 225 2283

I can see how this might happen if there's some JavaScript errors in the theme with AJAX carts. We can cover that shortly but what has me interested is this comment you made:

"When a customer tries to remove the extra item, it upsets the whole cart"

What does "upset" mean in this case? Something breaks? What do you see? Any context here may give some clues.

★ I jump on these forums in my free time to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work. http://freakdesign.com.au ★

CapitolNewsAgcy
Tourist
6 0 1

We're having the same issue here. The customer informed us that they put 1 item in the cart and it turned into 4 in the cart. They didn't realize until after they submitted the order. I tested the site and added things to the cart with no problem. The only "glitch" I had was after adding a couple items into my cart, I selected the "Buy It Now" option and it completely cleared my cart.

Any solutions? We're using the free Dawn version 2.4.0 template.

John_Robles
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hello, we are having this same issue. It's very intermittent and we are using Turbo 9.0. Were you able to figure out what was causing the issue?