Why doesn't the mobile view show cart amount in Shopify's simple theme?

Steven63
Tourist
12 0 0

Hello

No nothing about coding but like to tinker with it.

Tablet and desktop show amount in the cart but the mobile does not not i believe it is a size issue in the simple theme

this is the desktop and tablet view

Steven63_0-1613385415981.png      

but in the mobile only the cart shows but the text and amount to the right are not seen

any suggestions?

Thanks

Replies 9 (9)

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

Hi,
Please share your store URL with password (If Needed) & Screenshot, So that I will give you proper solution here !

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing
Steven63
Tourist
12 0 0

Hi  

Thanks for the feed back... maybe also as a solution the quantity as just a little bubble in the cart and eliminate the text... when possible?

URL: https://hijabsalma.de/

Thanks

Steven

LukaszFormela
Excursionist
37 7 15

Hi @Steven63 

This may be intended behaviour due to the nature of mobile phones and amount of space it offers. Keeping text and number of items next to cart icon could potentially lead to some inconsistencies in your shop layout.

If you would like to show them anyway, that's probably and easy CSS code fix. Could you share your shop address?

Thanks,
Lukasz

Available for part-time theme edits/development | UK timezone
Steven63
Tourist
12 0 0

Hi Lukasz 

I hear you...what if in the mobile (or everywhere for that matter) to put below the cart or by many carts one sees the quantity as just a little bubble in the cart or maybe just eliminate the text

URL: https://hijabsalma.de/

Thanks 

Steven

LukaszFormela
Excursionist
37 7 15

Hi Steven,

I took a quick look at your website code and this will be slightly more complicated than just CSS change (but only slightly). Not everything can be read/accessed by inspecting live website, so some changes would need to be done while having access to theme code editor on your store dashboard.

If you want me to have a look, I can do it in few hours, otherwise @oscprofessional was the first to respond : )

Thanks,
Lukasz

Steven63
Tourist
12 0 0

Help me out on this one:

This is Shopify and i am paying for hosting and the website and something as "simple" as the shopping cart fitting on mobile is not for Shopify rocket science.

Why should this problem be a problem to begin with? I mean did i do something wrong or are my expectations too high that this common cart process is a fail?

Thanks 

Steven

LukaszFormela
Excursionist
37 7 15

I can feel your frustration. Unfortunately Shopify as a platform and a theme your website is using are two separate things. While Shopify makes a set of functionalities available, how and whether a theme will utilize them is up to a developer.

And to defend the developer - the functionality is there, it's just the way it was designed for mobile phones makes the cart icon being displayed different way. I admit there could be a number of items next to the icon, but current feature shouldn't make the whole theme non-functional.

Thanks
Lukasz

Steven63
Tourist
12 0 0

ok  so a coding tweak is needed... and a you think it is a little bit more complicated then a this and that here and there, guidance is not possible... (i will compensate you)?

LukaszFormela
Excursionist
37 7 15

I think it requires having an insight into the actual code of your current Shopify theme, some really simple tweaks can be provided solely by analyzing code from the actual website without having access to it.

I can display the number next to cart on mobiles on your theme free of charge, if you would like me to do it please send me a private message for further instructions.

Thanks,
Lukasz