hello i need help with colors on hero image label theme

Solved
Highlighted
37 0 6

ok where did you find the theme.scss.liquid. in the code I cant find it when I try to look it up

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
55 6 15

well, I didn't "find" it, because I can't access your Shop Admin–but through the Chrome inspection panel, I was able to see that was the file that contained the CSS in question.

In your Shop Admin, go to:  online store > themes > actions > edit code

In the directory tree that appears just left of window center, expand the Assets folder, and I bet it's there.  You can put your edits at the bottom of the file.

1 Like
Highlighted
37 0 6

ok find file now where and how would I add this correctly?

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 4.50.20 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
37 0 6

what would i need to change or add-in for the homepage to stay white that blue on other pages I have the code you put but don't know where to place 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
55 6 15

As I mentioned above, you should put your edits at the bottom of the file.

1 Like
Highlighted
37 0 6

great it did menu but the cart is the same how would I have that change as well thank you so very much 

0 Likes
Highlighted
37 0 6

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 5.45.03 PM.png

Only menu is showing I need the cart and social links to show also, once again thank you for your assistance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
55 6 15

Ok, I can tell you exactly how, and hopefully you'll feel a bit more in control here.

First, please watch this video, showing the same method I used to find your issue:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjWUzxMjCAU 

Then, use that method to find the class names of the elements you want to manipulate. As shown in the video, you can edit values you see on the screen and experiment, but only you see those and they're not permanent. Once you find the element you want, or come up with a style you like, you just copy that info out of the inspection panel and bring it into your css, as you did with the menu.

.template-index .thing-you-want-to-change-only-on-the-homepage {
     /* the way you want to change it */
}

I think you'll find CSS is pretty approachable, once you can see what it's doing in the page. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
37 0 6

sir dont mean to be a bother to you on your Saturday but you have already done the menu I just need the cart done the same way I've the watch the video and found the div class but still unable to change and its going to take me a few days to understand a recreate please can you do the same thing on your end just with cart icon I've tried but whole site broke as soon as i did 

thank you once again and hope you enjoy your saturday

0 Likes
Highlighted
37 0 6

/* if the theme has this...*/
.site-header__burger-menu div.icon-burger div.row {
background-color: #aff0dd; /* light blue */
}
/* then you could ovverride that only on the homepage by prepending the .template-index class */
.template-index .site-header__burger-menu div.icon-burger div.row {
background-color: #ffffff; /* white */
}
.cart-user-box accounts-on div.icon div.icon-cart{
background-color: #aff0dd; /* light blue */
}

.template-index .cart-user-box accounts-on div.icon div.icon-cart{
background-color: #ffffff; /* white */}

but nothing happens am I on the right track?

0 Likes