Solved

help with Bing De-indexing and Canonical Tags

GinaYAAHealth
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi my site was recently de-indexed on bing. 

Bing says: 

Discover
Discovered on
09 May 2019
Crawl
Last crawl attempted
20 Aug 2020 at 09:40
Crawl allowed?
Yes
Page Fetch
Successful
Indexing allowed?
Yes
Index
Canonical URL
- -
The inspected URL has been indexed successfully but there are some issues which might prevent us from serving it to our users. Please contact Bing Webmaster support for more details

The only reason shown for it not being indexed is Canonical URL.

I've found the following links: 
which refers to shopify website problems with duplicate titles and duplicate content.
which mentions google de-indexing because of duplicate Tags causing canonical problems.

Both sites mention modifying theme.liquid to tell crawlers Not to crawl the tags.
states the telling search engines to not crawl something is not a great method to fix this.
Instead, she states to: Use a 301 Redirect, Use Passive parameters in the Google Search Console, Use location hashes

I'm afraid I am totally over my head hear as I didn't know what canonical even meant before today.

I do have my shopify ecommerce site, and a wholesale site that is on a seperate domain. The wholesale site has links sending users back to my shopify site and some duplicate content.
any help would be greatly appreciated. 

sincerely

Gina 
yaahealthstore.com 

Accepted Solution (1)
nikiM
Tourist
5 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Dear all,

Did you read the this and tried this steps ?

@nikiM wrote:

I have same issue on my site . You need to add meta tag on the page where such problem your facing . I had same issue on my usps tracking site. Please refer following screen shots of error  i found.

Index
Canonical URL
- -
The inspected URL has been indexed successfully but there are some issues which might prevent us from serving it to our users. Please contact Bing Webmaster support for more details

i contacted bing webmaster support.. but they suggested only to refer their guidelines . No more reason they share. 

I just putted meta tag between <head> </head> tags.

Like this 

<link rel="canonical" href="https:// yourdomainname.com/pageurl/" />

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

nikiM
Tourist
5 1 1

I have same issue on my site . You need to add meta tag on the page where such problem your facing . I had same issue on my usps tracking site. Please refer following screen shots of error  i found.

Index
Canonical URL
- -

i contacted bing webmaster support.. but they suggested only to refer their guidelines . No more reason they share. 

Like this 

Frenzy37
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same issue with my site myfreshgists. I have tried fixing it but it still not working yet. How do I go about it?

nikiM
Tourist
5 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Dear all,

Did you read the this and tried this steps ?

@nikiM wrote:

Index
Canonical URL
- -

Like this 

jhon2345
Visitor
1 0 0

On my site, I'm having the same trouble. You need to add a meta tag to the page where you're having this problem. On my The ISP Family site, I had the same problem. Please look at the screenshots below to see the error I found. 😣

MrDjango
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same issue on my site too. You just need to add a meta tag on the page you facing the problem. I hope you already found the path.