Solved

i bought the domain but can't see it

lillepott
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Everyone!

I bought domain from shopify. There was some error while doing it - but it took money from paypal and this domain is now unavailable.

But i can't see this in my store domain "list". What to do now?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (2)

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @lillepott!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Sounds like there may have been a delay in the payment coming from PayPal or perhaps the domain took a few mins to set up in your admin.

Can you try to clear your cache and check your domains section again?

If you still don't see it, I can take a look for you. I'll just need to know once you've done the cache clear.

Let me know!

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

@SalomeNZ it sounds like there could be a payment issue there if it was refunded. There could be other reasons like verifying domain setups and things of that nature that can also cause this.

To be 100% sure and help you out, we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

In order to save some time, and help the Support Advisor you speak with to pick up from where you and I have left off, I am going to provide you with a summary of the issue as I understand it. You can share this summary at the beginning of your conversation with the agent to bring you both up to speed and help to get your answers as quickly as possible.

Issue Summary: Domain purchase refunded following an unknown error

Other note to mention: Give them your exact myshopify.com URL and the dates of the purchase and refund

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the additional solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @lillepott!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Sounds like there may have been a delay in the payment coming from PayPal or perhaps the domain took a few mins to set up in your admin.

Can you try to clear your cache and check your domains section again?

If you still don't see it, I can take a look for you. I'll just need to know once you've done the cache clear.

Let me know!

lillepott
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi,

2 days later - it showed up! Thanks a lot.

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

I'm glad to hear you've got the domain in your admin. Let me know if you've got any trouble with any other set up with it, more than happy to help!

SalomeNZ
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Lilith,

I had a bit the same problem. I bought a domain name but there was an error while doing it. On my billing section it says "refunded" and my domain is not available anymore...

Could you please help me ?

Thanks

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

@SalomeNZ it sounds like there could be a payment issue there if it was refunded. There could be other reasons like verifying domain setups and things of that nature that can also cause this.

To be 100% sure and help you out, we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

In order to save some time, and help the Support Advisor you speak with to pick up from where you and I have left off, I am going to provide you with a summary of the issue as I understand it. You can share this summary at the beginning of your conversation with the agent to bring you both up to speed and help to get your answers as quickly as possible.

Issue Summary: Domain purchase refunded following an unknown error

Other note to mention: Give them your exact myshopify.com URL and the dates of the purchase and refund

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the additional solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

jl6
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi lilith, 

I purchased a domain yesterday and it has not shown up anyway. 

i paid directly through shopify and when i search up that domain it does say it is taken but i still yet to see it in my domain list