Solved

i want to change my store currency

Fenneckart
Visitor
2 0 0

i want to change my store currency, i cannot change since i have made my first sales , but it was in trial basis made by me

Accepted Solution (1)
Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Fenneckart.

Here is a link to contact our support team but if you are still looking to change your currency and you accept the above implications then I can verify you by email and unlock it for you now. In order to do so, I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get that done for you.

Speak soon,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

View solution in original post

Replies 17 (17)

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hey, @Fenneckart!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

This feature is locked in the admin if you have already made sales, even a test order. The reason for this is so you can reach out to our support team and chat with us about the effects this will have on your business if you were to change currencies after sales have been made.

- Reporting: With changing between currencies, our reporting doesn't factor in the difference between currencies. So if you had €500 processed, that would show as €500 in reports. Say the next day, you switch to USD, the report would still read as €500 for previous processing. Since €1 is not equal to $1USD, the reports, in theory, will be wrong going forward.

- Product Pricing: Since the dollar amount between currencies is not the same, a product price’s value, could mean something different if the currency is adjusted and impact your margins. For example - €20, is not equal to $20 USD. Refunds processed after a currency change will also be affected by the currency change.

- Apps: Some apps may have limitations when it comes to changing the selling currency. If you would like to know how changing the selling currency will affect your apps, you will need to reach out to the App partner to clarify before changing their selling currency.

With Shopify actively encouraging merchants in some instances to adjust currency for new features, we want to make sure merchants are properly aware of any potential areas they need to be aware of for their account.

That being said, there are also some possible workarounds!

- Reporting: You can set a “date range” for the data you are reviewing, to exclude any transactions that might have been processed in a different currency before the specific date of the currency switch.

- Other: Making any adjustments to their product pricing if needed to factor in the currency difference. You’ll also want to review any of your product pages, themes, etc for currency information, that might need to be adjusted. Note that refunds will be processed in the new currency.

Let me know if you still want to go ahead with the currency switch and I can verify your account and help you change the currency.

Kind regards,
Lulu

Fenneckart
Visitor
2 0 0

i cant find any link to your support team.

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Fenneckart.

Here is a link to contact our support team but if you are still looking to change your currency and you accept the above implications then I can verify you by email and unlock it for you now. In order to do so, I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get that done for you.

Speak soon,

Lulu

loganwanga
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi @Lulu

I also want to change my store's currency.

I read all of the information you provided earlier and thank you for that!

Here's my email address: housespartans@gmail.com

Thank you !

@Lulu wrote:

Hi, @Fenneckart.

Speak soon,

Lulu

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hi, @loganwanga.

Welcome to the thread. Sure, I can help you with changing your currency. In order to do so, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get that done for you.

Kind regards,

Lulu

slkk
Visitor
3 0 0
Hi ,

I also want to change my store currency , I have made a test order. Please advise.

Thanks
Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hi, @slkk.

Welcome to the thread! Absolutely, that is no problem at all, I can help you out with that. In order to do so, I will just need to verify you as the account owner. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, we can get started on the change. Please check your spam/junk folder for this email also as sometimes it can land there. 

Speak soon,

Lulu

Specialla
Visitor
1 0 0

I choosed Omani rials (OMR) and I get my first sale. PayPal Express does not support the currency. I want to change it to USD. please help me.

faridanassar
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Lulu,

Could you please also assist me in changing the currency on my store? I'm aware of the cons of doing so, however, I still wish to move forward with the currency change. Please let me know

Shawn_siah
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Lulu,

May I know how to detect customer's country and pop up a window to allow customer select their currency? So that all item price will based on the selected currency to display.

Thank you.

Regards,

Shawn Siah

ashu_khristi
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello! 

Dear Sir,

I want to change my currency, but i had my first sale and for that i have not received the payment yet as it was cash on delivery and then user cancelled the order.

But not i am unable to change the currency, as i am focusing to US market, i want to change the currency. 

Please help me asap. 

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hi, @ashu_khristi.

Welcome to the thread, thank you for getting in touch. 

Sure I can absolutely help you out with that, can you read the implications and workarounds above and confirm that you are okay with them and still want to go ahead with the currency change?

If so, I will just need to verify you as the account owner. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get that done for you.

Speak soon,

Lulu

Mehooks
Visitor
1 0 0

I have no idea that if i made an order my currency won't change.

I made a testing order but i don't want to set this is as my primary currency can you please help me to change my currency. Tomorrow is my store launching please Solve it as soon as possible Pleasem assist me in changing the currency on my store? I'm aware of the cons of doing so, however, I still wish to move forward with the currency change. Please let me help.

necatiaga
Visitor
1 0 0

i want to know why my shop closed

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hi, @faridanassar.

Apologies for the delay. Have you managed to change the currency or would you still like me to help you out with that?

Let me know and I will send you an email to verify you as the account owner to get this change done for you.

Thank you,

Lulu

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 223

Hi, @necatiaga.

Thank you for joining the thread. There could be a number of reasons why your store is closed so I will need to take a closer look in order to help you out further. In order to do so, I will just need to verify you as the account owner. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will take a look for you.

Speak soon,

Lulu

hopps
Tourist
44 0 1

Hi there! Here's an answer to your question: https://app.hopps.io/videos/how-do-i-change-the-currency-of-my-store-178653266e3. If it doesn't make sense or you still have questions, one of the experts can walk you through the solution.