Solved

importing CSV client list keeps on showing error "Missing header: Email"

LaGirafeCouture
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello,

I am trying to import a CSV file of a customer list and I keep on getting the following message "Missing header: Email."

I checked and the header "Email" is in my CSV file which I built exactly as per the template provided by Shopify. 

Any idea how to fix this?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (2)
productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

This is an accepted solution.

Hi

Could you email the file to me and I can double check it? tom@channelup.io

It might be something to do with how the file is being saved but probably quicker to just have a look myself.

Regards

Tom

View solution in original post

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

Just to note it here if anyone else has similar issue. 

Semi colons were the culprit as they replaced the commas in the file that are meant to separate columns therefore the required headers were not being detected.

Regards

Tom

View solution in original post

Replies 23 (23)

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

I know you said it has the correct header information but have you tried using the example file to check if it successfully imports: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/customers/customer-csv-issues#missing-header-or-missing-headers

If that one works then double check the file again and perhaps save it as CSV UTF-8 format and try reimporting. Let me know how you go.

Regards

Tom

LaGirafeCouture
Tourist
5 0 1
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I downloaded the template file provided by Shopify and I tried to import it. I get the same message « Missing header: Email »

Any suggestion please?

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

Could you email the file to me and I can double check it? tom@channelup.io

It might be something to do with how the file is being saved but probably quicker to just have a look myself.

Regards

Tom

EmielA
Visitor
3 0 1

Hi Tom,
Is it possible to check my CSV as wel?? Used the Shopify Template and should be all correct, but still got the "email-header" problem.

Thanks a lot!

Emiel

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi Emiel

Best to delete the file from here and email us at support@channelup.io

Regards

Sam

rosemolly
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, can you help me too? im having the same issue. i have everything i need but its still saying error. 

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

You can email us the file and we can double check it for you.

Regards

Sam

RaeChristine
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, Can you help me with mine as well. I am getting the same error. 

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Happy to help. You can send it using form below or email to support@channelup.io and we can take a look. Just be sure the column headers all match the Shopify template exactly and that there are no additional columns that Shopify template doesn't have.

RaeChristine
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you

lmnl
Visitor
3 0 0

Hey Tom, I have the same issue, I used the sample template and just added the names, emails and numbers from a lead generation ad but it's still comes up with 'email header' as the issue even though I've used the sample template. I'll email you at this email address right with the csv I'm using? tom@channelup.io 

mindcollections
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

I am still having issues uploading my customers to Shopify. Can you help? 

spulie
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi - I'm getting this same error - I did make sure it is commas....Any other ideas? 

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

Just to note it here if anyone else has similar issue. 

Semi colons were the culprit as they replaced the commas in the file that are meant to separate columns therefore the required headers were not being detected.

Regards

Tom

LaGirafeCouture
Tourist
5 0 1

Thank you so much Tom for going out of your way to fix my problem.

Issue fixed!

Andrea_Slater-S
Tourist
3 0 1

So, I definitely had the semi-colon issue (fixed in google sheets) but I'm still getting the missing header error. This is so frustrating. I didn't have this issue when I bulk edited products before.

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hey

If you need another set of eyes to have a look over it just send a sample over and I can double check it.

Regards

Tom

Andrea_Slater-S
Tourist
3 0 1

That would be most appreciated. Not sure how best to share a sample but happy to share the direct link, too?

I've dropped you a mail. Hope that's okay?

Tenera123
Excursionist
44 0 10

Hello Tom, 

I am having the same issue and could not manage to solve the issue...

productsync
Shopify Partner
740 38 159

Hi

Always double check the final file in notepad and see if the rows are set up correctly.

Another good idea is to download the Shopify template file and use the first row from that and add your data underneath it. If it still fails usually problem with how you are saving it.

If still no luck you can email it over. Just need the first couple of lines after header row so no need for full file.

Regards

Tom

edlep23
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello i have the same probleme for the csv... the error is Missing header : email too, and i have already try to change in csv utf8 but it is the same, error again... excuse me for my english, im french ^^

Beardedpup
Visitor
1 0 0

I’m having this exact same problem.  How do you edit any of it?? You’d think Shopify would fix this issue as it appears everyone has the same problem. I’m not a tech guy and I’ve spent 4 hours today trying to import my csv file and I’m still unsuccessful 

nadiabiad
Visitor
1 0 0

I first Opened the file as Text with notepad, i replaced the semi comas with comas and saved the file with utf-8 encoding, and it worked