link to new page

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm trying to link from my landing page to a new page but I keep getting a 404 no matter what I do. I'm using

<a href="/pages/bundles">test</a>

to navigate to my new page, which does exist in the pages section. What am I missing here?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
655 35 107

Hi, @tylerww.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.

While custom coding is outside of our support, I'm happy to take a look so that I can invite the community to help and provide you with some guidance and resources. I have a few questions I would like to ask:

- What is your store URL and what is the page that you're looking to link to? 

- Has this page been created in the Shopify Admin? Check out our help docs for the steps to create a page, here: Pages.  

If you created a page, you can grab the link of the page and insert that into your code to see if that works. You can follow these steps to access your page link:

1) Navigate to the page by logging into your Shopify admin and clicking on Online Store > Pages, then click on the page you wish to view

2) At the top of the page, click "View Page". 

Here's a screenshot of what this looks like:

20-06-zr1vs-uxpif

3) You can insert this link into your code to see if it links to the page you would like. 

- What theme are you using? Is it a Shopify theme, or a third-party theme? Depending on where you got your theme, you may need to reach out to the support for your theme from the theme developer. You can take a look at our help doc: Support for themes for steps to find out who your theme developer is, and how to contact them and find their documentation within the Shopify admin. 

- What's the reason you're looking to link your landing page to a different page? Are you looking to direct traffic elsewhere? Are you creating a promotion on your store? I would love to know. 

Once I have more information, I can look into this further for you. I look forward to hearing from you. Chat soon!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes