mailing subscription confirmation page

wesp
2 0 1

Hi everyone,

I've searched everywhere and weirdly cannot find anything about this topic.

In our shop we're working with an external newsletter tool, which hooks into the subscription forms and that works like a charm, managing all the subscribtion e-mails like it should.

But in the checkout process the customer additionally gets the option to subscribe to marketing mails and that checkbox prompts the shopify internal double-opt-in process.
We actually made the "please confirm that you want to receive marketing stuff"-mail all pretty but the problem is that the link the customer has to click to confirm sends them to the page /account/subscribe?email=[prettylongActivationToken] and I can't find the code for that page anywhere to either customize it or to redirect the customer to the confirmation page that we've already built.

Any help is appreciated!!

KaniVienna
3 0 0

Hi, I experience exactly the same problem and just searched for a long time...

Is there anyone out there, who can help? It's pretty important for me, as we are using German as our main language. There is the differentiation betwenn second person "Du" - for friends and familiy - and third person "Sie" - for business purpose. All our Mails etc. are written in third person. But when customers register, they are directed to this

https://yorokani.com/account/subscribe?email=... site, where they are suddenly being adressed with second person "Du". This is really bad!

Please help, where can I change the wording of this Shopify e-mail-registration thank you page?

0 Likes
KaniVienna
3 0 0

Problem solved!

I just got the information: It's not in  Themes->Action->Edit Code->Locales->de.json, where I expected it to be. 

It's in Themes-Action->Edit Language : Email marketing subscribed->Confirmation.

0 Likes
wesp
2 0 1

that's not exactly what my problem was, but glad you found a solution.

You should probably check everything else in Edit Language also, because the standard german texts from shopify switch between "Du" and "Sie" all the time, we had to correct that for our shop as well.

0 Likes
KaniVienna
3 0 0
Oh... wow. Thanks for this information. Didn't think about that... sounds like a lot of additional work waiting for me
0 Likes