minimum cart amount for certain products

HappyHost
Tourist
9 0 0

Hello! Is there a way to make certain products only available for purchase if you have an item of a certain cost your cart? For example, I am starting a party box business that includes plates cups etc, I want to have plate and cup add ons in case they need more than included in the box. However, I dont want them to be able to buy the add-ons without buying the box/kit as well. If anyone knows a way to do this It would be a great help! Thank you! 

0 Likes
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
84 17 18

Hey, @HappyHost!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for your post!

I understand you are looking for a way to make selected products only available for purchase if customers have an item of a certain cost in their cart. I'd be more than happy to help you with a solution today. Currently, there is no option through the native Shopify admin that provides what you are after so as a workaround I suggest implementing an app that will deliver this functionality for you!

I have done some digging on the Shopify app store and found two fantastic apps for you to choose from below:

• Locksmith | Shopify App Store - Locksmith has the capability to only have customers see certain products once they have purchased a specific product or has at least $x in their cart.

• Order Limits ‑ MinMaxify | Shopify App Store - Order Limits allow you to add a limit on any order based on an individual product, cart total, number of items, products within a group, customer tags, or weight.

It’s great to hear you are starting a party box business, what a fun concept! Have you ever thought about integrating subscription services for business? Once you start receiving orders and seeing an increase in returning customers it may be something you want to think about. Here is a wonderful guide on how to start a subscription business and a blog post from a successful Korean beauty business.

Let us know how you get on with the steps above, I’m happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes