Why am I paying twice for the same product in Shopify?

lulahk
Visitor
3 0 0

why am i paying for products from my store when someone already paid? basically it took the customers money and my money for the same product?

Replies 4 (4)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey, @lulahk!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting, and a very warm welcome to the Community!

I understand you are being charged for products when a customer makes a purchase. I'd be more than happy to help you out and get to the bottom of this issue for you today. Firstly, are you operating a print-on-demand or dropshipping business? Or do you fulfill orders yourself with your own inventory? I ask this because POD & dropshipping stores require you to manually (or automatically) purchase the products through a supplier once a customer has made an order on your website. I can go over these business models in more depth below:

• Print on demand (POD): is an eCommerce business model whereby you team up with a supplier to sell customized products such as shirts, hats, mugs, calendars, and more. Once an order is placed in your store, it will then be fulfilled through your supplier who will create and ship the product to your customer. Running a print-on-demand business means you don’t need to buy or store any inventory, keeping your overhead costs nice and low. I highly suggest checking out this course for a more in-depth explanation of this business model and step-by-step instructions on setting up a print-on-demand empire.

• Dropshipping: is a business model where you essentially curate a selection of products within whichever niche you choose, using wholesale sites like AliExpress, and once a customer buys from you, you then purchase the product from your supplier and have them ship it directly to your customer. It's a very hands-off way of starting a business and has a low start-up cost. At Shopify, what we really like about dropshipping is that it provides a lower-risk approach for independent businesses to test out new product ideas (and product lines) without having to own and pay for the product upfront. I suggest having a read of our ultimate guide to dropshipping for an in-depth look at this business model.

Do you have any apps such as Oberlo, Printify, or Printful installed in your admin? These are common suppliers used for POD and Dropshipping websites. This would also explain why you have been charged for a product that a customer has purchased. I'd be more than happy to look further into your query if you are able to reply with a bit more detail on your website and how you have set it up so far!

By the way, welcome to Shopify! and since you are fairly new to the e-commerce world, we want to provide you with resources to enable success with your business:

• Shopify Blog: Our Shopify Blogs are an amazing resource for everything Shopify-related, included finding a niche to explore.

• Shopify Compass: Is full of video classes you can work your way through to learn how best to run your business! These classes are free with a Shopify membership.

As you're working on just getting started, you may be interested in learning about growing your business with Shopify. I've attached the course below so you can learn more about how this can benefit your business:

I look forward to hearing from you,

Cheers!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

4evatwelve
Visitor
2 0 0

I am selling amazon products. I have over 20 orders that I  can not keep track of. My fullfillment is currently amazon fba. It says fullfilled but I can not get a tracking number on item.  I really need help. I tried installing amazon mca no luck either through shipping and delivery. I need help quickly.

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey @4evatwelve,

Shopify no longer supports the built-in Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) integration as of March 31, 2023. If you’d like to continue or start managing Amazon’s Multi-Channel Fulfillment orders directly from Shopify you need to install one of the following apps from Shopify’s App Store:

• Amazon’s Multi-Channel Fulfillment (MCF) app allows you to reliably import and fulfill Shopify orders with Amazon’s premier pick, pack and ship service. This service is available to merchants fulfilling orders in the US, to shoppers with US addresses. You can install the MCF app from the Shopify app store.

Now that the FBA integration is deprecated, what will happen to my orders? Orders will continue appearing in your store’s Orders page and remain unfulfilled. You will need to manually move them to the new MCF fulfillment service by installing an MCF app and moving products over to the new fulfillment location, or move them to whichever fulfillment service you prefer to use.

What is the process after I have installed the MCF app? First, you need to update all product/product variant inventory from FBA to MCF. You can duplicate any unfulfilled orders with products fulfilled by Amazon to update them so that the MCF fulfillment service is linked to the order. From an order's details, click More Actions and then select Duplicate. After the order has been duplicated its location displays as MCF instead of FBA for the relevant products.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

4evatwelve
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, So I am in panic mode. I have over 4,000 worth of orders. It states it has been fullfilled by amazon fba. I am not able to get an update on any orders whether they were shipped or not. I tried connecting to amazon mca no luck .. Can someone please help