password page

Highlighted
2 0 0

Is it possible to give a product page link to my customer that will bypass the password page?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
166 14 22

Hi, @seansm4!

My name is Tira and I work at Shopify. 

Is there a specific reason why you're only looking to allow one customer to bypass your password page? You can provide the password to that customer, and then if you don't wish to provide access to that customer anymore, you could change the password for the page by going into Online Store > Preferences > Password protection and under "Password" you can customize the password so that only those who know your new password will be able to get in.

Let me know what you're looking to do, and I can provide you with some ideas!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0
Hi Tira,

I’m aware of that workflow and it would not be for a single customer.

We have a wholesale site and want it protected from the public, but when we send our customers eBlasts or give them links to product pages, it takes them to the password page.

It breaks the link and becomes clunky when the customer has to enter the password and then go search for the page. Make sense?

Was wondering if there was some code that could be applied to the theme.liquid page as a workaround? Like an if then, else if type statement?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
166 14 22

Thank you for getting back to me about your usage to provide customers with a link for a product, and that you are looking for a way so that they don't need to enter a password each time.

I was wondering, have you thought about using apps to lock parts of your storefront, so that you can remove the password page for your entire store, and only add a password, or login where needed?

The reason I ask, is because even if there is a way to add a piece of code to your theme to bypass the customer from having to enter a password on your store, then, what if someone else gains access to that link? They may be able to access the product that was only meant for your specific customers.

In order to prevent that from happening, you can use any of the following apps:

LockSmith - You can set-up a key for customers to access certain areas of your store and it works with a lot of conditions such as being subscribed to your newsletter, using a secret link, and even not being signed in as a customer. I do believe this app is the closest to what you're looking to do!

MagicPass - You can protect certain pages, products, and collections with a single password or add customer tags to your customers, and they can access the page without having to enter a single password.

Wholesale Club - Customers only need to login to their account, and then they will have access to pages, products, etc. based on customer tags associated to their customer account.

You can also check out similar membership/protection apps here.

Since the above apps are developed by a third-party, you can get support from the third-party developer by looking at the information under the "Support" section of the app's page on the App Store. If you have any questions about how their app works, or if it can do something specific or with anything else, you can ask them for assistance! 

Let me know if this helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes