"Add to Cart" not working on Apple devices

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

I opened my Shopify store earlier this week and am getting reports from users of Apple devices (iPad, iPhone, and Macbook users, so far) that the Add to Cart button is not working on their devices. I have tested it on PCs, Android devices, and Kindle tablets with no issues, so the issue only appears to affect users of Apple devices. I'm assuming that means it's likely a Safari issue, but it could be something related to the OS.

I have tried going through and disabling and/or removing most of my apps without any effect. I submitted a question of Shopify support, but they were not able to help me.

My shop is at https://akintsugilife.com and I'm using the Supply theme (a free Shopify theme).

Has anyone else seen something similar where only Apple devices were affected? Any thoughts on what might be causing such a selective issue? I'm out of ideas of things to try at this point and am having difficulty testing it since I am not an Apple user.

I hate losing potential customers simply because they are accessing my site with Apple devices!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

I think I might have stumbled on the solution! It looks like switching the cart from Modal to Page solved the problem. I'm still waiting for feedback from people who have Apple devices who can test it for me, but I have one data point that says that "Add to Cart" is now functioning on iPad. I'll let everyone know once I hear more feedback just in case this winds up being helpful to anyone else.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

I have the same problem. Can you tell me how to switch the cart from Modal to Page? 

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

It's a theme setting, so it might vary somewhat if you are using a different theme, but here's where I find it for my theme:

Go to Online Store

Select Themes

Click the Customize button for your theme

Click on Theme Settings

Click on Cart

Change Cart type using the drop down menu from Modal to Page

Like I said, your theme may have it in a slightly different place, but I'm guessing it's somewhat similar. If you can't find it, try contacting your theme developer for more information about where the setting is located in your theme.

Hope that helps!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for your quick and detailed answer, but I think there is no such setting. After I clicked the customize button there are no theme settings like cart. I have cart page and checkout but there are no options for changing the cart type. :(

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

You'll need to contact your theme developer then. There should be cart settings somewhere, but it sounds like they must be in a different place than mine are. Good luck!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

I’m having the same issue 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

In safari Browser, when I have added the products first time to ajax cart, the product is not coming and ajax cart is blank, and this issue only on live theme

0 Likes