"Features" Script loading across the store.

Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 2

Hello guys! I have a short question, and is regarding a script that is being loaded on the storefront that I haven't seen before.

I've realized of this script because we faced an issue with Cloudflare that had this file not being cached it, but perhaps of that, I'm wondering what is this file for, since is not in our theme/repo but is being loaded with no app associated to it.

//cdn.shopify.com/s/assets/storefront/features-[random_number].js

Where I put [random_number], is like the string that is added at the end of files, like generated randomly but is consistent over the time until the file changes, I don't know exactly the behavior of this on this file and neither what is this file for.

Any kind of insight will be really appreciated, thanks!

Notes: Just in case is useful, we are using Shopify Plus and we have installed Script Editor and Shopify Flow

Mauricio Vuljevas
0 Likes
Highlighted

Not easy to understand the purpose of this file added by Shopify, but I can confirm that is not Shopify Plus related, and not also linked to Shopify Flow/Script Editor.

It is loaded also on basic Shopify stores without no apps installed.

• If the problem is solved remember to click ✅ to Accept Solution
• Press Like, if the answer was helpful
• Shopify/Shopify Plus custom development, optimization and consulting. You can hire me here.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 2

Thanks for your insights @drakedev, is good to have those points in mind, still wondering what is the purpose of this script.

Mauricio Vuljevas
1 Like