.scss not saving in browser editor

Simon_lfd
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

HI all, 

So this morning I opened my theme.scss.liquid file made a trivial change and attempted to save. Got the warning:

- An error prevented theme.scss.liquid from being saved.

Fair enough - deleted the change - and just for good measure added a space after a trailing semicolon and tried to save:

So closed the file without saving. Opened again, added a space after a trailing semicolon and tried to save:

I am not being offered the option to revert to an earlier version.

This is a file I lasted edited a week ago without issue. It is a 8k line file and there is no explanation or indication as to:

• What the error is?
  • Whether it is my error (in which case why was it not flagged up last week) or Shopify's?
  • If it is my error - where in the 8000 lines the error might be?

I do have Rewind installed but am very unwilling to revert to a version prior to the days on which I worked last week without the above questions being answered - especially as I have no idea as to whether the error is mine (like I say why wasn't it picked up last week and why does it compile just fine) or not. I do not even know if the reverted version would work.

No logging that I can find. No wonder I hate developing with Shopify.

Any help at all sought.

Replies 2 (2)

gina-gregory
Shopify Expert
742 51 211

Usually when I get an error like this, it's due to either 1) your login is no longer active and you need to log back in 2) cookies are messed up in your browser, clear and retry or try in a new Incognito window.

Simon_lfd
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Thank you very much for you reply

I tried the former but I'll give the latter first thing in the AM 

🙂