shopify store is slow on mobile version, how can i fix this ? NEED SOME ADVISE ON THIS

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi, 
i'm new to Shopify, i created my first store and ran my first Ad campaign

my store : Kitchen crafts shop 

I've got around 2000 sessions daily for 3 days. 
i noticed that the sessions only last a couple of seconds there was no real activity 
I started investigating and added a recording and heat map app "lucky orange" and most of the user recordings are really short and show activity, and in the recording, it shows idle activity then End.

i have tested my site and compared to others and correct me if I'm wrong but I think speed might be the issue here 

I have 2 questions about this :

1. how come the Desktop version of the website loads fast while the mobile version doesn't ?

2.Do you think this really is an issue ? if so ? how can i solve this 

Thanks 

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 16.56.54.pngrecordings.jpgScreen Shot 2020-07-27 at 15.12.52.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 3 2

Hi! It's common that the page loads slower on mobile. Have you tried out Google Page Speed Insights which ranks your site and give suggestions on how you can improve: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https://kitchencraftsshop.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey,

For Shopify websites specifically I'd recommend you to test the speed using exclusively the Gmetrix tool since it's more accurate. That said, your store is quite fast as you can see by clicking here. The only issue is "Leverage caching" but that is not something possible to work with in Shopify.

What I'd recommend is to always compress your images via tinypng.com before uploading them to your website. Besides that, it's great.

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Hire me! Recommended by 25+ customers on Facebook. Click here to read their reviews.
◦ Contact me at: diego.boarutto.fortes@gmail.com
1 Like
Tourist
13 0 1

How are you? great news and we encourage you with eCommerce
we use Ahrefs App to determine where is your issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi There,
Thanks for your reply 
I did analyze it on various tools including google's
I have compressed the images as some suggested, which should be the main cause 
but i noticed that it only enhanced the score a tiny bit 
regarding many other suggestions i felt like a lot of them are generic so i dont really know what is the best way to go

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thanks for your reply, appreciate the Feedback 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi There,
Thanks for your reply
I dont think i understand, how can SEO speed my webiste ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 117 358

@Kitchencrafts below is about technical performance though by your description the speed "grades" from audit tools don't matter because you have a conversion issue which can be ALOT harder to fix.

Some technicals - mostly you've got to many apps loading, or trying to load in a view that isn't using them immediately.

Biggest offending apps seem to be alireviews , trustbadge , makeprosimp, and recommendations.

Other steps make a minified version of theme.js (you'll need to redo this if you change the cart.drawer type)

Make ajax.gif higher in the course, or convert to an inlined vector image in theme.liquid itself.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
42 0 6

Remove unnecessary apps, they are often the biggest factor when it comes to loading time. Also run page through  https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights to take a grasp of biggest issues. You can also add some fancy loading animation to your site, so your customers don't go away when waiting for site to load. For example: https://apps.shopify.com/preloader , this actually works pretty well 

Maciej Tokarczyk
Shopify Expert
0 Likes