ssl pending

theresa1965
5 0 0

It’s been over a week since I transferred my domain with my provider go daddy. The ssl is still “pending” and I’m not sure why. Here is a screenshot of how my DNS settings are at go daddy. Any help would be appreciative.6DD138E2-A016-40A1-BC3F-6A57938B8D24.jpeg

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
852 81 112

Hey, @theresa1965.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out and providing a screenshot!

Looking at your screenshot, it does appear you have the correct DNS records for Shopify. However, it also looks like you may have a conflicting A record (184.168.131.241). You can use Who.IS to check if both of our records are showing publicly. If you aren't seeing both of our records, I'd recommend contacting GoDaddy and they'll be able to help you sort that out.

Once we've confirm that you have the correct records showing on Who.IS, the SSL will be able to complete the set up automatically. Though the SSL can sometimes take up to 48 hours to complete, it's typically set up between 30 mins to 2 hours.

With that said, has the SSL status changed since?

If not, please share a screenshot of your DNS on Who.IS and I'd be happy to take a closer look!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
theresa1965
5 0 0
I contacted GoDaddy today and the DNS had been properly updated last week
when I had them help me. They went ahead and updated again this morning to
see if it will help with the “ssl pending” problem. Is there a way to check
on Shopify’s end about “ssl” issues?

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
852 81 112

Hey, @theresa1965.

Thank you for following up!

I can definitely help take a look at the SSL issue, can I get your custom domain address? Or, a screenshot of the DNS for your domain shown on Who.IS

Looking forward to hearing from you!

0 Likes
theresa1965
5 0 0
0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
852 81 112

Hey, @theresa1965.

Thanks for sharing your URL. I've taken a look and it looks like there is still a conflicting A Record showing on Who.IS for your domain. Was GoDaddy not able to remove the '184.168.131.241' from your DNS?

16-35-85fat-g409u

Did you transfer your domain from a different registrar to GoDaddy?

If so, it's possible that the domain transfer has not fully completed and you'll need to check with GoDaddy on that. However, the CNAME Record is good to go for 'www.kandcbathco.com' and you can use that in the meantime. Simply change your primary domain, that will allow your custom domain to work until the A Record is sorted and you can always change your the primary domain later.

Let me know if that helps! 

0 Likes
theresa1965
5 0 0
Thank for checking. No, my domain has always been with go daddy. I will
contact them again about the A record. I’m not sure what that is...not to
tech savvy..but I will mention it to them and see what they say.

0 Likes
theresa1965
5 0 0

Good Morning! I have spoken with Go Daddy...again. They are very confident that everything on their end is good. The conflicting record that you were pointing out is their (godaddy) default and that is needed in my records. They are even able to pull up my site...which still says "coming soon". I cannot do that on my end. They wanted to know if I was even given an SSL and I told them that I was not sure..but they let me know their part is good and everything looks secure. So, is there a way for Shopify to check the SSL.....see what is holding that up? I've been dealing with this for over a week now.

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
852 81 112

Hey, @theresa1965.

Thanks for double-checking with GoDaddy. I've taken a look at your website and I'm able to see your password page, which is showing the Shopify URL as the primary domain. Since the Shopify URL isn't related to GoDaddy, if it's not working on your end - I'd recommend clearing your browser's cookies and caches and see if that helps resolve the issue. 

19-44-bgx0g-l48co

With that being said, we do provide a SSL if you have your domain pointed to Shopify. However, due to the conflicting A Records, this might not be applying to your domain. I'd be happy to have our Technical team take a closer look and I've sent an authentication email to the registered email we have on file. Please check your inbox/spam folders and reply to it. After that, I'll be able to move forward with the next steps.

Thank you!

0 Likes