Solved

variant select redirect - debut theme

noob1
Tourist
12 0 2

hi guys i am hoping someone can help me as shopify support couldn't. on my store i have multiple products with 2 or more variant selectors but the second you make 1 choice it redirects you to the cart page and i really dont want that as it dosent let my customers have a real choice and is honestly just a pain in the back side. can anyone here help me? even if its a coding this idc i need this fixed! i am on the debut theme btw.

Accepted Solution (1)
tim
Shopify Expert
3258 232 1178

This is an accepted solution.

Ah, you should not have deleted this part:

function currencyFormSubmit(event) {
    event.target.form.submit();
  }

But now you also have a second currency selector -- this should be fixed in your liquid, which I can't see from outside. 

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

tim
Shopify Expert
3258 232 1178

Have you checked in different browser/different device?

Usually, Debut does not do this, so there must be something specific to your shop -- theme modification, app or combination of them. No one can help you unless we can see your storefront, so share your URL (or preview link, if there is still a password).

noob1
Tourist
12 0 2

my shopify store is buyitsally.com

tim
Shopify Expert
3258 232 1178

Your problem is described and solved in this thread:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Technical-Q-A/Weired-Problem-Currency-Selector-JS-Adds-Variant-to-Ca... 

You do have this code added at the bottom of your theme.js asset

noob1
Tourist
12 0 2

okay this fixed that problem but now i have a currency selector on my store in the left hand corner on the bottom that dosent work

tim
Shopify Expert
3258 232 1178

This is an accepted solution.

Ah, you should not have deleted this part:

function currencyFormSubmit(event) {
    event.target.form.submit();
  }

But now you also have a second currency selector -- this should be fixed in your liquid, which I can't see from outside. 

noob1
Tourist
12 0 2

THANKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! YOUR AN AMAZING HUMAN BEING