wrong image showing when sharing URL on facebook

Solved
hallowthreads
Tourist
4 0 1

I have tried multiple different coding changes/suggestions and cannot seem to figure out how to fix this issue. I ma a novice at coding but can easily follow instructions.

When we share our shop on Facebook, the URL is correct but it is posting an image that is a 'feature' on the shop.  My logo is list everywhere that I can think of so I am not sure if its a coding issue or something I set up wrong.

www.Hallowthreads.com

site is currently live and i am using the Debut theme

0 Likes
CANDISOFT
Shopify Partner
1103 146 480

@hallowthreads 
- please refer below post. it will definately works out.
https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/images/showing-social-media-thumbnail-images?shpxid=...

If helpful, Please Like and accept The Solution.
0 Likes
Aria
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 34 291

Hey!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

This is a common issue. It needs to be resolved at the Facebook end since they are pulling the wrong image from your site. You can use the Facebook Debugger tool to fix this.

On another note, I took a look at your store and I think there's a few things you could do to improve the aesthetics of it which could, in turn, improve your sales.

Rather than just having text for the name of your store, a custom logo would help to establish your brand. I hired someone from Fiverr to create mine. You could also create your own for free using Hatchful or Canva.

I found your site difficult to read. The colours are hard on the eyes which would be off-putting for visitors who have vision issues. It's a good idea to ensure your store is accessible to everyone.

We have a free course that teaches you how to do professional-looking product photography with your phone. Images are the most important thing on your website, it's crucial they are high quality since potential customers can't pick up the products before purchasing. I would also remove the watermark you are using because it makes it difficult to see the product.

21-04-zdnxv-5891c

All of your product images should be the same size, shape and orientation (landscape or portrait, not both) to ensure your store flows well. Square images normally work best. This guide explains product image best practices.

When I click on your Social Media links, they take me away from your website. If people leave, they normally won't go back. For that reason, it makes sense to have your links opening on a new browser tab.

I'm happy to help further, let me know how you get on.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
hallowthreads
Tourist
4 0 1
thank you. I was able to correct the issue as well as fix the Social Media
links.
Aria
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 34 291

This is an accepted solution.

I'm glad to hear that worked out for you.

Let me know if you need anything else. 

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes