'zoomed in' shopify admin variants table

Arnouts
Visitor
2 0 5

Hi,

About 2 weeks ago the variants table you see when creating new products has become much larger.

It's disrupting my workflow because I cant see the full table without scrolling.

I have to scroll to the bottom of the list to find the left-right scroll bar to get to the SKU's. 

Plus the box that holds the SKU is so small I can only see the first 4 Characters. zoomed variant table.png

It used to all fit on one page.

My browser zoom doesnt help so I was hoping someone could tell me if this is just how the new table should look or if I have done something to cause it to be displayed this way.

Any help is appreciated.

Daniel

Replies 9 (9)

Angelrox
Visitor
1 0 2

I completely agree. 

The page is locked down and doesn't expand when you make the browser bigger. It's very troublesome. 

Any chance on there being a fix for this new update/design bug?

- Ben

Lisamj
Visitor
1 0 0

I would also like to find a fix for this! 

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

does zooming the page with browser controls help at all?

For chrome browser press ctrl++ , or ctrl+- , or using a mousewheel ctrl+mousewheelscroll

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Aske0890
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Paul, 

No it does not help to zooming out in the browser... 

this is a daily problem for me

AliMumtaz
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there, did you find a solution to the problem?

Arnouts
Visitor
2 0 5
Yes.
I enabled locations and now edit stock quantities and other variables inside the bulk editor.
Also the product details page has gone through several changes since my original post. The new set up is workable.
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

@Arnouts wrote:
 edit stock quantities and other variables inside the bulk editor.

This is one workflow answer for editing many pieces of data.

The other of course is through CSV workflow with export/import useful for formulaic changes i.e. reducing all prices by 20% or attaching images.

For singular variants , click the name of that variant to go to that singular variants edit page.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

bathroomvillage
Excursionist
12 0 15

Couldn't agree more, it looks awful. Look how much screen estate is wasted either side of the variant table. What's weirder is on the actual "products" page the entire page is full width.

Would also be great if you could also customise what is in this variant table, as we used compare at prices, which don't show at all (Aswell as the order they appear)

Essentially the right-hand nav is restricting the main left-hand boxes (here's how I would love for it to look at the full width, showing compared at price, removing quantities as we don't use them and having bigger width boxes to show all the information!)

Variant 1.jpgVariant 2.jpg

GZRFH
Tourist
4 0 0

Anyone ever find a fix for this?  Really annoying.