About to get started with my first business.

Daniel_P__Zuzev
1 0 0

Hey everyone. So I am in the process of getting a website up and running that will sell organic foods, products, and supplements. I have been doing a lot of research and feel like I may have some trouble with suppliers.

As organic products are a specialized thing, I am having trouble finding just one supplier that can fulfill all the products I want to provide on my website. Say I have a customer order that requires me to use multiple suppliers, I am going to be charged multiple delivery fees that will ruin my profits, correct? The only way I was thinking that I could rectify this is by using the method of calculating each suppliers shipping costs and adding it onto the price of each item, thus providing free shipping. 

However, I feel like another problem arises. Now my customer will be receiving multiple boxes that will not arrive at the same time. This seems very unprofessional. 

Any suggestions? Should I reconsider the business I want to do? Focus on less products? I am a little confused and am starting to think my idea is a complete waste of time.

0 Likes
zeropopular
1 0 0

Well maybe start off with packages you can provide at the same time. Then when you get a few sales just open up and be honest with your customers and be their friend. I think if you simply tell the customers you're vendors are from different parts of the country or what not and they may arrive at different times and dates, they won't likely care much. You have a niche where people are nice and picky.. they would happily wait.. Just be honest up front and you have no worries, you can only do your best. Otherwise I would say just ship to yourself then overnight to your customers once all the items have arrived to you.. Or normal mail and just allow time for your shipping to be involved likely 14-21 days for dropship to you to customer. Hope it helps... I'm on a new direction myself I'm moving toward mobile web.. I still resell on ebay.. If anyone has a dropship program I can offer on my site and ebay let me know! zero@thezeroworld.com

0 Likes