Advice for Unique Description for Dropshipper’s Products – SEO Issue

Ellie3
Tourist
9 0 1

I am using a dropship model for my new online store and my vendors have thousands of products combined. I am using excel to generate a sentence before and after the supplier’s description to add my own touch in an effort to create a unique product description.

My question is, does Google SEO look for uniqueness in the product description as a whole or does it look at each sentence and judge uniqueness? I don’t want my ranking to get penalized because of a lack of unique product descriptions.

I am a novice in this field but from some reading that I have done, I understand that Google closely examines the keyword usage, etc, and I gathered that if my product description has unique sentences, this would work well. However SEO is such an exhaustive field and I cannot tell if I am going in the right direction!

I appreciate any input you may have!

0 Likes
Alicia_W
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
338 0 61

Hi Ellie,

Duplicate content is going to be picked up, even if it is just the middle of a paragraph. I would strongly suggest making your entire product description unique to avoid being flagged for duplicate content by Google.

Cheers! :)

Alicia | Support Lead for Shopify
0 Likes
Ellie3
Tourist
9 0 1

Thanks for the advice Alicia. I have a 2-fold follow up question. Would it be considered a unique description even if I just change one or two words in the duplicate sentence? If Google concludes that I have duplicate content will they send me a notification to correct this or will I just be penalized by Google without knowing it?

I appreciate your help!

Ellie

0 Likes