Aliexpress Images Copyright

2 0 0

Since majority of images in Aliexpress have a background image with the product photoshopped on top, the question is: are the background images licensed?

What if the supplier is using the stock images for backgrounds for commercial purposes without a license? They may be safe since they are in China, but the rest of us with Shopify stores in the west may be using images for commercial purposes (making a profit) without a license. Can't the license holder of the background images sue Shopify stores for copyright infringement and/or damages?

0 Likes

Hi @Corneliuss 

You can contact the supplier directly on how they made images? 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
670 65 123

Hi @Corneliuss,

Hyde here from Shopify.

This subject has been covered pretty well by Don in this forum post here. So much so that there is little more I can add!

That said, you absolutely should not rely on the stock photos from Oberlo, or the pre-written product titles, or the pre-formatted descriptions if you are looking to create a credible successful brand.

27-11-535zh-be54f

Taking this golf hat title as an example.

**Brand Baseball Cap Men Cotton Casual Sports Golf Hats For Men Golf Snapback Casquette Bone Gorras Sale RC1011**

This doesn’t sound like something anyone would say. Nobody owns a brand baseball cap men cotton. However, the pre-generated title does offer some useful keywords you just need to look at re-working them. In this case, you could look at changing it to **Branded Mens Cotton Baseball Cap | Casual - Great for Golfers | Brand**

If you’re unsure how there’s a great guide to editing your meta here.

You also get a pre-generated product description.

27-22-ql2xt-7fe5f

This contains some information that may be useful but unlike the pre-generated title no keywords. You can still use the ones you’ve gotten from your title and re-write those into a longer description which you can re-use for your meta description also.

**Premium Men’s Branded Baseball Cap. Perfect for the golfer in your life, casual enough for day to day wear, sturdy enough for any sport. This cap has a snapback shape and sporty look.**

You can then offer a bullet point list of the reasons customers should buy

• Top Quality 100% Cotton Product
  • Precise detailing, Bold Colours.
  • Fast Delivery, 100% Secure Site!

And maybe finish by encouraging them to share their purchase

**You're going to get a lot of compliments - do us a favor and make sure you tell them where you got it!**

You can get really creative with your product descriptions. There are even some templates you could use to speed up the process.

Perfect for ___________________________ (ideal situation),

these _______________ (product name)

can be/will _______________ (tell a quick story).

(Product name) ______________

are ______________ (top features)

to _______________ (product benefits).

No more _____________________ (pain and/or challenge).

Example:

Perfect for weekend getaways in the mountains, these Mighty Camper Cups will bring you and your friends or loved ones closer together around a campfire. Exactly what mountain trips were made for! Our Mighty Camper Cups are sturdy and built just for you with insulated fibers to ensure that your hot cocoa stays hot and your iced tea stays iced. No more crying over spilled milk!

You can also take the keywords here and add them to a spreadsheet so Brand, Baseball Cap, Men, Cotton, Casual, Sports, Golf, Hats, Snapback, etc as you add products you can see which of these come up most often and use them for your collections Meta Titles and descriptions also.

I hope that helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes