Anyone know a CANADIAN alternative to printful?

Tourist
4 0 2

Shipping sucks so bad, and I have some customers who abandon carts because a $23 T shirt becomes $41!!!! Shipping and taxes should not double the cost of a shirt, it's outrageous.

I know the obvious answer is to just move on to doing printing and shipping locally via wholesale but I don't have the capital for that right now.

2 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
208 0 8

Hello Ben, Brandon here from the Shopify Guru Team :)

Print Aura has decent shipping rates for Canada, as does Printify. They are still US based but you won’t find a doubling of price for shipping through them.

Hope that helps :)

You can always reach out to us on phone/email/chat as well!

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 2

Thanks Brandon. Do you know if there's a reason for this? I thought shipping prices are decided by USPS, so are these guys just gouging people with expensive shipping or what?

I'll check out those two and see how long it'll take to migrate my inventory.

0 Likes
1 0 0

What about duty? I have had to pay Canadian Customs duty when ordering from some USA based retailers. If canadian shopify stores use USA DTG dropshippers, we have the currrency, the shipping, AND duty for our customers to have to worry about, correct?

Pretty daunting, where are the candian DTGs?????

0 Likes
1 0 0

BUMPING THIS THREAD PLEASE HELP NEED CANADIAN T SHIRT SUPPLIERS.

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey everyone! I was wondering the same thing for quite some time and finally (FINALLY!) found the answer. 

It's Printify. 

Yes, they are a US company but they don't actually print anything (think of them as a middleman). Instead, they partner with print providers in Canada, US and UK who print and ship your products.

Currently, they only have 1 print provider in Canada (Canvus Print Lab based in Vancouver). They don't have the most selection (only 7 products) but for me, it was worth it. 

Here's what they have:

• T-Shirts
    • Men's Premium Fit Crew T-Shirt (Next Level 3600)
    • Heavy Cotton T-Shirt (Gildan 5000)
    • Ultra Cotton T-Shirt (Gildan 2000)
    • Youth T-Shirt (Gildan 5000B)
  • Tanks
    • Women's The Ideal Racerback Tank (Next Level 1533)
  • Crewnecks
    • Adult Crewneck Sweatshirt (Gildan 18000)
  • Hoodies
    • Unisex Heavy Blend Hooded Sweatshirt (Gildan 18500)

Like I said, not the most selection and when I moved to them I had to cut out a bunch of other products like Embroidered Hats and Toques, Men's Tanks, etc. But as a Canadian company, it just didn't feel right having my customers pay shipping and then Duty & Custom fees. It's just a bad customer experience. 

Hope this helps!

Matthew
highlycanine.com

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 3

Hi all, I was also looking into this and there is a Canadian company working on a Shopify API right now! It is in the review stages (or so I've been told by their customer service). The company is called T-Shirt Elephant (www.tshirtelephant.com) and they print/ship in Toronto - currently, they are only offering the ability to set up a free web-store for you (which is limited in ability, but the commissions are pretty high as they are only charging $8 per print + garment cost), and they have a HUGE selection of items (even some Candian manufactured shirts from a company called Jerico, which apparently is based out of Alberta). I have used them and the quality is pretty great, they even gave me a tour of their facility.

I can't wait to finally have an authentically Canadian dropship service.

Hope that helps!

3 Likes
1 0 0

thanks for that

does that mean the transactions are in CAD with shopify also?

0 Likes
6 0 0

Is the printing all DTG? have you seen any of the products to know what the quality is like?

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 3

@russellking not sure as the Shopify app is not live yet - but their current web-store set up is Canadian pricing, yes. If you need more they have a page on their site for web-stores.

0 Likes