Banned on Stripe and what to do?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 0 0

Hello everyone,

I am very sad today. I recently launched my dropshipping store with Stripe and had a very good succes in just a 5 days. I was using instagram shoutouts and was in profit for 350 USD within 5 days. However today I received mail from Stripe that my acc was disabled because of they terms that they are stating that I am selling fake goods. I am selling and unbranded product from aliexpress which has 8 000 SALES and its non branded. My store looks very professional and I am not afraid to state that maybe the best looking shopify store for this product I saw. I put a lot of work into making Stripe work I had to register company in UK because I am from CZ where Stripe or Shopify payments is not available. I do not want to use 2checkout, emb or my local payment providers. Non of them are legit. I want to go with Stripe which is not possible now or Shopify payments. When I estabilished my company in UK I also created an UK transferwise bank account. My first question is if shopify payments allows dropshipping and the second one is if I can use transferwise bank account in order to receive payments from shopify payments. If not is there something I can do to make shopify payments working for me? Again I am living in CZ but I have an UK company registered with company house.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
952 96 189

Hey there, @Dropshipper44 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

I am sorry to hear about the situation that you are in at the moment - I understand how frustrating this must have been for you. You have asked a very interesting question. At the moment, Shopify Payments can only be used by those who are operating their businesses from within the countries that are supported, currently, Shopify Payments are not available in the Czech Republic. Furthermore, an actual, physical bank account, from a physical financial institution would be required for Shopify Payments, Transferwise would not be supported. You can find a full list of supported gateways for you here. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 0 0
Actually I must inform you that this might not be true. I spoke to support and transferwise business accoount registered with UK business works with shopify payments. Actually only accounts in GBP and EUR will work. Not other as they are not debit. Other than that all requirements all fullfilled.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
952 96 189

Technically, it should not work. Regardless, as you are operating your business from CZ you will not be able to use the gateway. We are hoping to change that as quickly as possible and hope to roll out Shopify Payments to as many countries as possible in the future. I understand that this is not the answer that you wanted to hear. I assure you that as soon as Shopify Payments has been made available in CZ you will be notified by email.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes