Best Rebrandable clothing to use.

Tourist
4 0 3
Hello everyone,

I am wanting to start my own clothing company, as I will be starting off small time I want to use rebrandable clothes such as Gildan, fruit of the loom etc to get things going then eventually use a manufacturer to produce my own clothes for the brand.

My question is, does anyone know of somewhere I can go to view a selection of these types of rebrandable clothes, to make a better decision on which ones I would like to use ? As looking in a catalogue or website doesn’t give you much to go by.

Any help that can be sent my way would be very much appreciated.

Garreth
0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2117 128 271

Hi @GazM,

Nick here from Shopify. 

I want to be sure I fully understand what you're asking. When you say "somewhere I can go to view a selection of these types of rebrandable clothes, to make a better decision on which ones I would like to use ? As looking in a catalogue or website doesn’t give you much to go by." do you mean a physical location somewhere? 

I did find a good website which has a mix of Fruit of the Loom and Gildan (and more) which gives you an idea of what kind of products they have for you to buy wholesale to rebrand and sell again. It's called FireLabel Merchandising and you can see it here. I also found another website called Ralawise here. To find a physical location for this, can you confirm what country you are based in? It might also be worth reaching out to these websites to see where exactly they are located and if it's possible to visit if they're close by or if they know anything about a physical store visit. These websites seem to be primarily UK based and would more than likely know better than anyone about it. 

I know that might not be an exact answer and apologies for sharing websites you might have already looked up. I do hope this helps give you an idea for the next best step to take. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 3
Hello Nick

Sorry I should have been a little clearer, yes I did mean a physical location, so I could hope to get a better understanding of the quality and feel of each garment I am looking at getting. I am based in the UK (south east).

I have looked at one of those website before an I do appreciate you adding these in your response so I can look at some I may not of heard of before.
As for reaching out to these websites I hadn’t even thought of that, so I will also give that a try.

Thankyou for taking the time to respond.
Garreth
1 Like

Hi Garreth,

If you aren't able to find a physical location, I recommend ordering samples for yourself from a Print on Demand supplier like Printful. They're pretty cheap and will give you the best sense of the feel/material of the garment.

In addition to giving you a sense of how the garment looks/feels, sample orders will also allow you to do your own product photography.

Cheers!

ProductPro connects your Shopify store with thousands of high-quality products available for dropshipping from our trusted supplier network. Enjoy automated fulfillment, quick turnaround, great margins, and an extensive product selection.
1 Like
Community Manager
Community Manager
2117 128 271
Sorry I should have been a little clearer, yes I did mean a physical location, so I could hope to get a better understanding of the quality and feel of each garment I am looking at getting. I am based in the UK (south east).

I have looked at one of those website before an I do appreciate you adding these in your response so I can look at some I may not of heard of before.
As for reaching out to these websites I hadn’t even thought of that, so I will also give that a try.

Hi Garreth,

I was thinking it could have been that but did not want to assume. Firelabel merchandising and Ralawise are both based out of the UK so it could be worth reaching out to them directly as a start. 

@ProductPro also makes a great point about doing some testing and using the product for your own photography which is definitely something to consider moving forward. By using your own photography rather than the images the website/ manufacturer has you are really making the website your own. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 3
Thankyou @ProductPro

I will have a look into that, as it would be good to have a few samples of my own to try an test out before I commit to it.
Yes the product photography is also something I would like done myself.

Regards
Garreth
1 Like
Tourist
4 0 3
Hi Nick

That’s great il message them both and see what they say.

I’ve heard there’s an exhibition on somewhere that would be very helpful if I knew more about it, that clothing manufacturers go to for this exact thing but I can’t seem to find any information on it, I don’t know if you know of anything like it ?

Yes that was a great point, I would want to test the products out thoroughly, as you can gets garments that shrink or disfigure when washed an that’s something I wouldn’t want.
Also with the photography I think for a starting out brand doing your own photos creates the image for the brand so I will be doing that also.

Regards
Garreth
1 Like