Best wholesale option to place orders but not pay

andlocley
6 0 0

I'm looking for a wholesale solution for a problem with a Shopify store. Typically the retailers want to log into the store, place a purchase order, but they pay within 30-45 days via direct deposit. So, I'm not looking for them to place an order and pay right away. My wholesale is simple: X% of retail price across the board. 

I can't see an option in Shopify to do this. Looking at 3rd party wholesale options is not easy because there are so many of them. What are other small business owners with Shopify shops doing for wholesale? 

The 2 key features for me are: order without paying, and ability to log in and see the wholesale prices. If there is ability to export the inventory of the items purchased directly to the retailer, that would be a plus. 

0 Likes
GhostApps
Shopify Partner
127 0 15

Hi, my app Simple Purchase Orders maybe able to help you out. It allows you to set up suppliers and import products and their cost prices. You can then automatically generate purchase orders from orders your customers make and it will import all of the items they order and their address and email it to your supplier.

Please check it out and let me know if you have any questions.

0 Likes
Lizzy
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 139

Hey, Andlocley!

I'm Lizzy one of the Gurus on the support team at Shopify.

There are a few different options for selling Wholesale with Shopify. The first, is our Wholesale Channel. It is a feature of the Plus plan, so it is something I would suggest looking into if you're currently on the Advanced plan looking to expand your business. Is that something that could work for you?

The second option would be to use a third party app. The following apps show adjusted pricing to customers who are logged in with specified tags on their accounts. All of these also allow you to process orders without the retailers having to pay right away.

As for having an export of their order, the retailers would get an order confirmation email after making their purchase. It would contain a list of all of the items they had bought. Would this be a useful option?

Do these apps look like they would help? Let me know if you have any other questions about it. You can give us a call too or start a live chat. We're here 24/7 and are always happy to help out!

Thank you, 
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

andlocley
6 0 0

Hi Lizzy and thanks for the prompt response, with apologies foer my delayed response! 

I have heard good things for the Wholesale Hero but it's too expensive for a startup, at least at this stage. 

I liked the Wholesale Club and was thingking to go with them until I saw the support they offer. They don't have a phone number and they did not respond to my direct e-mail inquiry. I had some questions for them that would help me pull the trigger. If I can't get support before buying, I would be hesitant to go with them.

I've checked the third recommendation you made. The main issue is that there are so many of these apps listed in Shopify, it's not easy to sort through them, although I don't mind spending the time. 

I appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Andrew

0 Likes
Lizzy
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 139

Hey, Andrew. 

You're welcome, no apology necessary.

The reason I mentioned those apps in particular was because they seemed to fill all of your requirements. I remember that they specifically mentioned the ability for customers to pay later. 

Typically when I'm looking for the best apps, I will take the price and reviews into consideration together, this helps to quickly narrow down choices. It sounds like you've got a good idea of vetting services, as my next recommendation would be to do exactly what you did and check on the support. I'm sorry to hear that Wholesale Club didn't respond to your contact. In my experience Pixel Union have been quite good at responding. Did you try reaching out through their contact page?

I did take another peak through our wholesale apps for you, to see if there were any other options I could recommend and found 
Wholesale Pricing Manager, which mentions they have 24/7 support and Bold Custom Pricing ‑Wholesale. These apps don't specifically say they offer customers the option to pay later, but it could be a feature that the app developers could help you implement.

I hope this helps to give you a few more choices, without it being too many. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

andlocley
6 0 0

Thank you for the recommendations, Lizzy! They are very helpful and I'll check them out. 

I had contacted the Wholesale Club via their form, the same one you listed. The submission went through but I never heard back regarding my questions. 

Thanks again!

0 Likes