Billing Address Change

3 0 0

Hello,
A customer from the USA has ordered a product. When I go to order the product through Oberlo I cannot change the billing address to my address in Australia, only USA, UK and Canada. The store on Aliexpress doesn't accept Paypal so I am in a bit of a situation here.
How do I get around this? 

0 Likes
Explorer
151 8 30

If the customer is in the US, and it's being sent to them directly, then why are you trying to change the address to Australia?

0 Likes
3 0 0

Read my post again. BILLING address.

0 Likes
Explorer
151 8 30

I misread the sentence.  PayPal doesn't do billing transfer to addresses that a vendor doesn't support?

0 Likes
3 0 0

Paypal does, but unfortunately this vendor on Aliexpress doesn't accept Paypal. I will have to refund this customer as it's been two days, but it's a bit of a headache for the future. Especially since it's an extra 80c to use Paypal. :(

0 Likes
Explorer
151 8 30

PayPal's a low-quality service now.  I remember when it was much better.  However, things change and some companies don't adapt well.  I'm seeing this a ton with regard to dropshipping.  I don't know how to do automated shipping calculation at checkout on the Basic Shopify plan yet.  It's one of the few things remaining before I'm able to accept and fulfill orders.  I sold on ebay for a time, but 10% is a huge cut.  But the platform has a ton of built-in, easy to use features, so it's understandable in a way.  I don't intend to try earning a profit on those types of marketplaces any more though.  I think they're too big and too powerful in the e-commerce business.  It's basically an overly-developed garage sale.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hey! I came across this issue as well and after a bit of digging on the internet I found that if you log into Alipay you can save your Australian credit card there (with your aus address) and then when you are ordering from aliexpress it will automatically fill in the card details for you (even if the shipping address is in USA). See link below for how to set up your credit card details in Aliexpress:

https://support.zerouplab.com/article/100-how-to-save-your-credit-card-information-on-aliexpress 

Hope this helps :) 

0 Likes