Billing Address Change

3 0 0

Hello,
A customer from the USA has ordered a product. When I go to order the product through Oberlo I cannot change the billing address to my address in Australia, only USA, UK and Canada. The store on Aliexpress doesn't accept Paypal so I am in a bit of a situation here.
How do I get around this? 

0 Likes
Excursionist
133 5 18

If the customer is in the US, and it's being sent to them directly, then why are you trying to change the address to Australia?

0 Likes
3 0 0

Read my post again. BILLING address.

0 Likes
Excursionist
133 5 18

I misread the sentence.  PayPal doesn't do billing transfer to addresses that a vendor doesn't support?

0 Likes
3 0 0

Paypal does, but unfortunately this vendor on Aliexpress doesn't accept Paypal. I will have to refund this customer as it's been two days, but it's a bit of a headache for the future. Especially since it's an extra 80c to use Paypal. :(

0 Likes
Excursionist
133 5 18

PayPal's a low-quality service now.  I remember when it was much better.  However, things change and some companies don't adapt well.  I'm seeing this a ton with regard to dropshipping.  I don't know how to do automated shipping calculation at checkout on the Basic Shopify plan yet.  It's one of the few things remaining before I'm able to accept and fulfill orders.  I sold on ebay for a time, but 10% is a huge cut.  But the platform has a ton of built-in, easy to use features, so it's understandable in a way.  I don't intend to try earning a profit on those types of marketplaces any more though.  I think they're too big and too powerful in the e-commerce business.  It's basically an overly-developed garage sale.

0 Likes