Can I dropship from within Shopify

2 0 0

Hello,

I'm looking to open up a dropshipping store within the UK but I'd like to import products from other UK shopify retailers and sell them on my store.  Is this possible?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
137 9 22

Hi, @Craig_F1

My name is Rae and I work for Shopify. Thank you for reaching out with this question, and welcome to the Shopify Community! 

Connecting with other UK-based Shopify merchants to stock and sell their products is a great idea, and I would love to lend a hand to help share some tips on how to get started with this. 

Firstly, are there any specific merchants that you have in mind that you would like to collaborate with? If so, I recommend reaching out to those stores directly to find out if they are interested in partnering with your business. Most websites will have a 'contact' form that can be used to get in touch with the store owners directly about this. If you aran't able to find a store's contact information, then I recommend reaching out to the business on social media instead. 

If there aren't any specific stores you would like to work with, then there are certainly other ways to connect with local merchants or source suppliers for your business. Searching for suppliers online, checking local directories, searching social media, or asking for referrals are all great ways to find suppliers. For more tips on how to do this, please take a read through this resource

Equally, there are also quite a few apps in the Shopify App Store where UK and European-based suppliers offer their products for other merchants to stock. Some of the apps that I suggest for this are: 

Please keep in mind that the above apps are third party integrations, which are developed by companies external to Shopify. With this in mind, each app is fully supported by their own developers, and also have their own billing structure and fees associated with usage. For help with using each app, or to find out what the fees are for each app, just follow these steps to speak with the app developers directly. 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I'll be glad to take a look at those as well. 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Rae,

Thanks for getting responding to my post and providing all this information.

I have a few retailers already selling on Shopify that have agreed to collaborate with me but can you let me know if there is a way I can easily upload their products from their store onto my store? 

Thanks,

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
137 9 22

Hi, @Craig_F1

Thanks so much for getting back to me. That's wonderful that you found some local retailers to collaborate with! 

While there isn't an automated way to import products between two Shopify stores, using CSV files would be the fastest and easiest way to get these products uploaded into your store. To do this, the retailers you're working with will need to follow these steps to export their products into a CSV file. Then, once the retailers share these CSV files with you, these files can be uploaded into your store by following these steps

Please keep in mind that certain language on the CSV files - like product titles and descriptions - may need to be changed on the CSV file before it's imported into your admin. This will help ensure that the language and formatting used on the new products still matches the other products that are already uploaded on your site. To check out which product variables are included on our CSV files, please view this chart

Let me know if there is anything else I can lend a hand with! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Excursionist
10 1 0

Hi Craig, 

You can also consider using a more robust integration platform if you'd like to automate the process.  Products can be tricky to integrate, but not impossible. Check out www.vlomni.com, we may be able to help. 

Best, 

0 Likes