Can I run a US store while outside the US?

julianpmcaf
4 0 0

Hi,

I am a US citizen with a SSN and all the stuff a normal citizen would have but I am currently located in the Netherlands. I would like to have my store based in the US due to various reasons. Is this possible?

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
738 81 168

Hey, @Ju 

That's a great question and one that we get quite often. Good news: You can absolutely sell to U.S customers! When signing up for your Shopify store you can still enter your Netherlands billing info and other various details. From there you have the ability to choose the currency that you would like to sell in. If you want to sell in USD, you are free to do so. You can learn more about selling and getting paid in different currencies. You also have access to shipping settings where you'll be able to create shipping rates based on weight or price to ensure you're charging the proper amount for shipping. You have full control over whether you want to ship worldwide, exclusively in the United States, or in several countries of your choosing. You can learn more about how shipping zones work here. 

I hope that clarifies some of your questions and concerns. When you are ready to get started with your 14-day free trial you can visit here. Simply click where it says "start free trial" and get set up!

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
julianpmcaf
4 0 0

@Dirk 

Sorry, I worded it kind of wierd but what I meant to ask is if it's possible to set the US as my store location and just put in the address of a friends house instead of mine(the one in the Netherlands). This is so that I can recieve the money from shopify payments because I dont have the required info for making a store in the Netherlands.

0 Likes

Hello,

Are you looking for reliable supplier from UK or USA that could ship to you .

You can check out at DROPSHIP CORPORATION

For further more assistance you can contact at   support@dropshipcorporation,com

https://dropshipcorporation.com/
0 Likes

Hi @julianpmcaf 

Still, you can run your store from NL as a USA citizen. 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
awesome20s
Tourist
25 0 1

yes, you can.

if you are using dropshipping method, i suggest u use shopify app "Ourmall" to find suppliers and manage dropshipping process.

0 Likes