Can one dropship 3rd party console accessories without copyright infringment?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Shopify Community,

I'm looking to dropship some Playstation and Xbox accessories (controller add ons, customizations etc.), but I'm not sure what the legalites are. I checked out Sony's Offcial liscence Program page, but they don't really answer the question. The closest to an answer was this blog.

Does anyone with more legal expertise know if selling 3rd party playstation/xbox accessories would infrindge copyright? Especially when those products aren't part of the above OLP from Sony (or Xbox) and have similair design concepts to fit the design of that specific console or controller.

Please advise or refer to any official links. Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @Ken_Brz 

Your supplier has a license to sell these products? 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for replying @dropship_helps 

To answer your question: I don't think so, but I'm going to ask them about the licence. I don't think they have one or will provide me one. I asked them about the general issue and they said the usual "don't worry, we watched out for copyright when creating the product". I don't believe that at all and don't think they'll be much help. Any other way to verify? I thought about actually writing Sony's department, but fear that would open a can of worms.

0 Likes