Can you drop ship in USA from the UK

Highlighted
2 0 0

Can you run a online store from the UK that only dropships to US? I will be greatful if someone is able to answer this question. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 49

Hi, Roger!
Morgan here from the Social Media team at Shopify. 

You can absolutely sell to the USA only. To do so, you will need to restrict your shipping to only be available for the USA. Here's how to do that once you have an account set up.

Go into Settings>Shipping. 
From your shipping settings you will create zones for the areas you would like to ship to. Adding only a shipping zone for the USA and no other countries will restrict anyone from outside of the USA from checking out on your site. The result will simply show no shipping options for these clients. 

If this sounds like something you may be interested in, here's also a really great guide to introduce yourself to drop shipping and starting a business. 
The ultimate drop shipping guide. 

Let us know if there's anything else you have questions about. We are happy to help! 

Cheers,
Morgan F 

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1
Hi,
Can you dropship to the USA whilst operating in UK and can you still continue to sell in the UK?
So can you sell in USA and UK at the same time?
1 Like
Highlighted

Hello @Roger_P 

Yes, It is possible to run only the US.  In your shipping section remove all other countries and add only US. 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
15 0 0

yeah, just setup mutliple shipping zones for the areas you want to ship too

@liamgreen_ds wrote:
Hi,
Can you dropship to the USA whilst operating in UK and can you still continue to sell in the UK?
So can you sell in USA and UK at the same time?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
79 1 3

Hi @Roger_P, this is Larry from Spocket!

I understand your concern but rest assured, you can totally dropship in the US even if you are based in the UK. Like others mentioned, you have to set your specific country restrictions within your Shopify backend. This will limit your customers to just those within the United States. 

With this, however, finding suppliers who will be a part of your store will be another portion to think about. I recommend trying out Spocket, where you can get to explore a countless number of products from US/EU-based suppliers! 

Some other benefits to working with Spocket:

• Fast shipping (3-5 days on average, depending on the supplier)
  • Completely blind packaging (neutral, with no marketing material)
  • New suppliers and products onboarded each week!

If this sounds interesting, I suggest signing up for a free trial to try everything out completely risk-free first. Hope this helps!

0 Likes