Chosen supplier does not link directly to Shopify?

Solved
MarkDoyle
1 0 0

Hi, apologies if this is a stupid question as I am completely new to all of this!

I was looking to start dropshipping coffee, I've found a relatively local supplier that supports dropshipping and handles all packaging, labelling etc. Having contacted them however they said that they cannot be directly linked with shopify, and that I would have to physically place any incoming orders myself on their web store.

I was just wondering if this is plausible for me to do, and if there's anything I need to know before doing this?

0 Likes
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1062 121 236

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @MarkDoyle 

It's certainly plausible to do! But as you may have already foreseen, this could become a tedious process in the future if you start having high volume orders in a given month. I think as you are first starting out, I would agree to work with their current structure. However, I would recommend working out a deal in the future for handling orders and payments in the future for when that time comes.

In Shopify you can actually set up what's known as a 'Custom Fulfillment Service'. With this, the local supplier will receive notifications via email when an order gets placed on your store. They will see the line item details of the order so they know which items to pack and where it needs to be shipped to. In conjunction with this, you and your supplier could rearrange a payment schedule such as weekly, bi-weekly, monthly where they invoice you the cost of the number of orders they shipped out on your behalf during that timeframe.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Hi @MarkDoyle 

You can send the customer's details manually to your supplier. They will send the package directly to your customer. 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
You will need to do everything manually but a big trouble if you start
getting a large number of orders. Could you please share the link of local
supplier?
Buy Pre-built Dropshipping Stores.Check Dropship-empire.com
We Help Shopify Customers to Sell Online.
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful. Click Accept as Solution If Our Reply Answered Your Question!

0 Likes