Costumer from non-epacket country can still buy my items?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello everyone,

I imported a product with oberlo in my store and I decided to use e-packet shipping.

What happens if a costumer from a non-epacket country tries to buy my items? 

I mean: what happens if a costumer from Germany (no epacket country) tries to buy my item? Will Shopify block the transaction? Will the product be automatically shipped with another shipping option?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
435 31 61

Hi, @_ale_neri_!

Sophia here from Shopify.

Any customers covered by your shipping zones will be able to complete the checkout process on your Online Store. 

The Shopify online checkout does not block orders based on the shipping preference set in Oberlo. If ePacket isn’t an available option for one of your customers, you can either choose an alternate shipping method for their order or you can cancel the order and let the customer know that shipping isn’t available to their location at this time.

Even though you’ve selected ePacket as your default shipping method, you’ll see a list of any other available options for each customer in the Order Review section of the fulfillment process.

If you only want to ship to countries that have ePacket as an available shipping option, you will need to remove all other countries from your shipping zones under Settings > Shipping in the Shopify admin. Countries not covered by your shipping zones won’t be able to complete the checkout process; instead, they’ll be presented with a message that tells them shipping isn’t available to their area.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
55 2 5

The non-epacket countries clients still could order on your store, in this case you will need to ship via other ways like china post register mail or direct lines. However, it might be slower or cost more for shipping which will affect user experience in the end. Thus we suggest you note in the shipping terms in your store.

Currently we asked all of our clients only ad in the epacket countries thus we can order and fulfill the orders via ePacket more effective, for the orders from non-epacket countries we will ship via China post register mail by default. Shopify will not block those transaction, but you may make note so that people may aware before order on your store.

China dropshipping fulfillment agent alex.shawn@outlook.com 86deal.com
0 Likes