Counterfeit Products

MountainCity
5 0 0

Hello,

THis has been bothering me for a few days now and I need some info...has anyone here been warned or advised or experienced anything in relation with counterfeit items made available for sale through either Alibaba or CJ Dhopshipping?

I have to ask because as I began listing product in my store I would do google searches to see if anyone else is selling the same product and for how much. In most cases there are several places where an item is being sold. What I can't help but wonder is...are thy simply sourcing their product from the same place I am OR is the product I am listing (sourced from CJ Dropship) a counterfeit or knock-off of the original.

If that's the case, of course, I am playing with fire if I leave the item listed...however at this point in time I DO NOT KNOW much of anything. For all I know...everyone is getting these items from the same supplier...sourced through either CJ Dropship or Aliexpress.

Please...let me know your experience. Have you ever been contacted by authorities and ORDERED to remove an item because it was a counterfeit product?

Thanks

0 Likes
Team_Syncee
Shopify Partner
151 1 4

Hi @MountainCity 

We advise you not to take any risks with counterfeit products. With good quality genuine products and hand-made products, you will appear more reliable to your customers and build a more profitable business in the long run. Work with reliable products from reliable suppliers instead.

Hit Like If Our Reply Helpful!
Click Accept as Solution If Our Reply Answered Your Question!
Visit Our Marketplace!
0 Likes
MountainCity
5 0 0

How am I supposed to know? And I looked at your website and it would appear you're sourcing from Alibaba, which just like CJ Dropship, uses the same suppliers out of China. I have NO WAY of knowing if the products are authentic or really nice looking knock offs...

Yes I would like to dropship from an American fulfillment center for faster delivery to my clients...in the end I still can't be sure the goods won't get me into trouble.

AND your FREE plan...only 25 products? Seriously? Not great

0 Likes
Team_Syncee
Shopify Partner
151 1 4

Hello @MountainCity 

Alibaba has reliable suppliers with genuine products. So, if you choose one these suppliers you won't dropship counterfeit products. Also you can choose lots of other non Alibaba supplier from our Marketplace.

Visit Our Marketplace!
0 Likes
MountainCity
5 0 0

Sounds fine but your free plan only allows 25 products...sorry I'm just starting out and frankly 25 products is not enough...take a look at my store...I already have more product than that.

boutique.mountaincityrock.com

0 Likes
Team_Syncee
Shopify Partner
151 1 4

Syncee Basic plan has 500 products and it cost just 29$/month. We suggest that for you if you would work more than 25 products.

Visit Our Marketplace!
0 Likes