Creating/Finding good Product Photos

Solved
Kittycactus
10 0 0

Hiya! I have a dropshipping store I'm working on www.kitty-cactus.com 

Im trying to improve all aspects to get at least one sale. I know one of the biggest things is my generic aliexpress photos-

but my question is: How to improve?

Is my only option buying all my products and taking pics myself?? 

How do people get good pics for dropshipping products??

Any help and advice appreciated. 

Gabbie

0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 166

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. How are you today? 

You've hit the nail on the head, you will need to acquire the products yourself in order to create in-house photography. While this may seem like a large investment, it can really make a massive difference to a store's perception by customers. As you will have noticed, a lot of the supplier stock photography leaves a lot to be desired. 

One potential solution would be to contact a supplier that you find yourself using lots, and asking for product samples, where you request some samples you can use for product photography. But this will likely depend on how large your account is with that supplier. 

How is the rest of the store setup going? What niche have you chosen for your store? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Hello @Kittycactus 

Yes buy a product and take quality products yourself.

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes
Kittycactus
10 0 0

Ahh I thought this would be the case I don't have any money at the moment to buy products so I'll have to wait on that one.

My Niche is 18-40, Pet owners who are homebodies and enjoy a cozy living environment with plants. 

0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 166

This is an accepted solution.

That's understandable. If the marketing budget for your business is initially quite small, you could even choose a handful of 'golden' products, and heavily promote those on your site. These are the products that are most popular and will anchor your store with your audience going forward. You could then supplement the store with weaker but related products and use stock photography for those until your budget expands. 

If you're looking for the best ways to develop a marketing plan to focus on your niche, you can read about it here. Best of luck with your store! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Kittycactus
10 0 0

Thank you so much for the reply! I’ll check out the article. 

Many Thanks!

0 Likes
DillieCreative
1 0 0

If you're looking for product page photos, marketing photos (social, digital ads), landing page photos, or homepage banners, we created Dillie to solve this problem. We've developed a seamless way for brands to produce photos and videos and maintain creative control.

http://dilliecreative.com/

0 Likes
Team_Syncee
Shopify Partner
150 1 4

hi @Kittycactus 

If you choose quality products from reliable suppliers you probably have good products images. I suggest to yo Syncee Marketplace for quality products:

https://marketplace.syncee.co/

Hit Like If Our Reply Helpful!
Click Accept as Solution If Our Reply Answered Your Question!
Visit Our Marketplace!
0 Likes
Sybil
12 0 0

Some interesting info on here, good to read and some cool shots, thanks.

0 Likes
RyleeC
4 0 0

There's a few sites that offer affordable, yet high-quality product photos. A lot of ecom brands use them because they don't have to hire photographers, rent gear, etc. Dillie looks like it charges per photos and has daily photoshoots so there's no minimum order to meet. You pick your shadow, angle and background and they'll make the shot list. 

0 Likes