Dealing with suppliers

Maedot_Assefa
6 0 0

Hi everyone ,

It's been 2 months since I made my store live. Am based on Ethiopia and sell products made in Ethiopia like leather and cotton products . Haven't made much sales yet. But my challenge is keeping large inventory. Since all my suppliers need their money am paying for all the products and keeping it in my store . But this will not be sustinable in the long run and drop shipping won't work since suppliers in Ethiopia don't have the capacity. Can anyone advise me on what kind of arrangement I should have with suppliers to keep small invetory without paying for all the products initially ?

I really appreciate any feedback . My store is www.store251.com

Maedot

0 Likes
Denise_Rosentha
Excursionist
33 0 6

A couple things come to mind .  Have you compared your prices with other sellers in your kinda product .. Like world market etc.  They seem a bit high to me but not my area.

- your not actually showing your garments ..just rolled up fabric. Show what it looks like on . Maybe instructions. Some history about it .

- If you havent made many sales why do you require a large stock? What are the turn around times for these items?

- Id consider finding a distributor ior selling wholesale to speciality stores

0 Likes
Maedot_Assefa
6 0 0

Dear Denise

All your questions are on point. The garments are very traditional thraws in my culture . I guess I need to work on describing them better.  Leather products are much cheaper than my competitors. Regarding the large stock if I don't but this products suppliers might sell them without communicating with me to adjust my inventory. The online shopping idea is too unfamiliar where am an operating from though we have many unique products. That is my biggest challenge.  And for your last question I am not sure how my store can be functional for the wholesalers.  Am open to ideas. Can't thank you enough for taking your time to send me your insights.

Maedot

0 Likes