Hi Neville. Shopify does not offer that right out of the box, so to speak. There are a couple of apps out there. We use Shappify's Customer-Specific Pricing app:
Shopfrogs makes one two.
I have a request from a client to integrate with an enterprise application that stores an advanced pricing model per product per customer. Retail and Wholesale prices is not granular enough
I have a client request to customise their shop so that each customer has a filtered list of available products e.g. One catalog per customer where one product can appear in many catalogs.
Each customer requires a customer-specific price for each product.
There could be up to 70 customer-specific catalogs so 1 shop per customer is not an option
As I see it the requirments are:
1) Enable the user to define a list of products visible to each customer
2) Display customer-specific pricing for products for current customer (either from API or callout to an external web service)
3) Filter all lists and search results to display only products available to the currrent customer as defined
My question is, can this be achieved with an app? If not, how might I approach developing an app that offers this kind of functionality?
Have a look at the customer pricing app Damian -> http://apps.shopify.com/customer-pricing
Not sure about 70 tiers but I have it working in a shop with 5 tiers nicely now that a few bugs were killed.
How about Bold Apps CSP + Lockdown? (http://apps.shopify.com/lockdown)
- Create a collection for each customer.
- Create a tag for each customer.
- Use CSP to make a pricing tier for the customer based on the tag.
- Use lockdown to only allow access to the collection by a logged-in customer with the tag.
This presumes, as did the original suggestion of CSP, that CSP can generate the pricing in manner desired (e.g. X%) versus granularly setting each price for each product by some other formula that varies.